You have deployed Dynamics CRM Online, but how do I deploy Polaris content?
Polaris updates were rolled out to the CRM online hubs during December and January. This included the normal bug fixes and cross browser support, but you where is the new flat UI or other features that were mentioned?
To enable the Polaris functionality, you have to actually accept the changes and apply them to your organisation. To do this you will now access to a new menu option in the settings administration area called Product Updates. Product Updates will enable the new releases of functionality to be applied automatically to your solution.
So to apply the Polaris release you will need to follow the following steps, please note CRM will be out of action for approximately 10 minutes during the applying of the updates.
1. Step one – Log in as a System Administrator and navigate to Settings Administration and select Product Updates
2. Click on the update button to start the process
3. Click Yes to accept the changes and to install, note you will not be able to roll back once you have accepted so please test in a non-production environment first.
4. The install will commence and during this period your CRM will be unavailable.
5. On completion you will now notice that the generic font has been updated, to complete the process you will have now apply your customisations to the new UI forms.
6. To do these navigate back to Settings Administration and click the Product Update button. Two new options are available, migrate to new forms and enable new forms.
7. So what this enables is the ability for your system admin or partner to help migrate over the customisations to the new forms and test them prior to enabling them for all users. So the first step is to migrate customisations, what this means is that you will need to open your solution and update the new Account, Contact, Lead, Opportunity and Case forms to include the fields that you would like to appear.
8. Once you have migrated the changes you can test the new form layouts by publishing your changes and manually switching to the new forms via open up a record and clicking on the form selector and selecting the new form i.e. Contact. You will then need to save and close and re open the Contact to see the new UI form and your changes.
9. So once you are happy with the changes you can now apply the new forms to all users. This will mean the new forms will open by default for all users. They can still switch back to classic mode via the form options once the new form has opened. So to enable the new forms click back on to product updates and select Enable new forms and click Yes to continue.
10. You have now completed the process and all users will have access to the new flat UI forms by default.