Another new feature in Dynamics365 8.2 release is the ability to add entities to the scheduling engine. This is a very good feature if you have multiple streams that need scheduling. This is a great enhancement if you are already using Project Services or Field Services
There are some prerequisites for enabling your entity for the schedule board. The main one is the Booking Field Status If it is left blank it will use the Resource Scheduling Default Status, if however, you want to add the status from your entity (take case status as an example) you need to add the Option set for case status to the booking status entity - this will then allow you to schedule the item with the correct status.
Once you have done this you can create the following fields on the entity you want to use to be in line with the resource record.
So we have completed the first few items now to the fun part
1) Navigate to the Resource Scheduling Menu
2) Select Administration
3) You now have the option for "Enable Resource Scheduling"
4) The list on the right hand side will show you what entities have already been set up
5) Select the Entity you want to enable from the "Add Entity" field
6) You will now create the relationship for the booking status, If you have a relationship already you can select this from the list, If not it will create the 1:N relationship for you
7) You will now create the relationship for the requirement, If you have a relationship already you can select this from the list, If not it will create the 1:N relationship for you
8) Select "Publish Customisations" ................This can take 1/2 minutes to complete so don't worry if you think it is taking too long
9) Once it has published you will see it added to the list on the right hand side, Select this new Enabled Entity
10) Set you Default Booking status' (I would suggest that you follow the same structure for each enabled entity)
11) Now we can map the field we created in the prerequisites.
12) You can now edit your schedule board to show the records for the new entity
I have had some help in setting this up so I would like to thanks
Charles Halford https://uk.linkedin.com/in/charles-halford-561b69100Iain Connolly https://uk.linkedin.com/in/iain-connolly-99481b55Matt Johnson https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mattfjohnson