So the biggest bugbear in CRM/Dynamics 365 has now vanished with the V9 release of Dynamics 365. The lack of easily creating multi response fields is no longer with us after the release of Multi-Select Optionsets.
Here is a quick setup guide on how to get them up and running - As a quick aside you can have a global Optionset that can be used as a single or multi select.
1) Create your Optionset (Global in this instance) In your solution
2) Add a new Field to your form as a Multi-Select Optionset
3) You can still add it as normal Optionset
4) Add your new field onto your form
5) You can now select Multiple Optionset values
6) And use the same Optionset to have it just selecting one option
6) It still looks nice on the form
Running and advanced find is easy as you can use the and/or statements to return from either field
I've been messing around with this new feature for a while. I think it's great but I haven't been able to successfully import data in the field even with the ; delimiter. It's a bit of a pain for us as we are loading Physician Contacts that are multi-disciplines and multi-specialists. Some of them have upward of 5 each and we are importing upwards of 10K records. I'm avoiding the use of script to get this done and any of the approaches I've read on importing multiple values hasn't worked. Have you had any success?
Thanks for the post!
Are you using the ; As the delimiter option on your import?