Back to blogging after long time. Recently I faced a “Cross Domain” issue while working with Jscript ODATA query. Below is the code which I have used:
    var ODATA_ENDPOINT = “/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc”;
    var context = GetGlobalContext();
    var serverUrl = context.getServerUrl();
    //Asynchronous AJAX function to Retrieve a CRM record using OData
        type: “GET”,
        contentType: “application/json; charset=utf-8”,
        datatype: “json”,
        url: serverUrl + ODATA_ENDPOINT + “/AccountSet?$filter=Address1_City eq ‘Redmond'”,
        beforeSend: function (XMLHttpRequest)
            XMLHttpRequest.setRequestHeader(“Accept”, “application/json”);
        success: function (data, textStatus, XmlHttpRequest)
              // Success Call Back
        error: function (XmlHttpRequest, textStatus, errorThrown)
              // Error Call Back
The REST End point “url “ which I am passing in the above code is: http://<server>/<orgname>/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/AccountSet?$filter=Address1_City eq ‘Redmond’.This code only works when we open CRM records using CRM “Server” name. It fails in other cases like when we open it using IP Address or localhost. The primary reason for this is due to “Cross Domain Policy”. The blocker is the REST End point which we are using. 
So, I thought of replacing server name with IP Address as follows.
I ran it in the browser…. It worked…!!!! J
So, I got a simple solution. 
Use the following instead of getting “ServerUrl” from the context object.
    var serverUrl = window.location.protocol + “//” + + “/” + context.getOrgUniqueName();
Here we just need to use the window.location property to get the current window protocol and host and build the REST Endpoint.
Hope it helps…!!!! Please let me know if we have any other alternative solution. 
Vikranth Pandiri.