Plugin registration tool has no 'online' option

Question Status

Suggested Answer
klc asked a question on 13 Jul 2017 4:26 AM

Hi community

I am writing a plugin for dynamics 365 online and going to deploy it with registration tool described here.

However after I download the latest dynamic 365 SDK, I find the registration tool has no 'online' option, only on-premises or Office 365.

Question: How do I deploy my plugin onto 365 online?

Thanks

klc responded on 13 Jul 2017 9:32 PM

"With onmicrosoft, you got the same error message with 0365 option?"

yes same error message

Suggested Answer
Ravi Kashyap responded on 13 Jul 2017 10:46 PM

If you have right security permissions and can create records in CRM directly then this should work.

Can you check if you have any proxies/ group policies which can cause this issue?

Also, can you download and try to connect to XRM toolbox www.xrmtoolbox.com/download.html

Suggested Answer
Dhanabal responded on 13 Jul 2017 11:04 PM

Hi,

Use office 365 deployment type then choose your CRM server location, username and password..

Suggested Answer
Bruce Edwards responded on 13 Jul 2017 5:36 AM

You likely need to be given a licence and also a security role within CRM - being an O365 Global Admin alone won't be enough.

Suggested Answer
Ravi Kashyap responded on 13 Jul 2017 5:51 AM

Hi klc,

you can do plugin development on trial dynamics 365 org. if thats you question.

In PRT. you need to select 0365 and use your trial acciunt credential which normally be xxx@yyy.onmicrosoft.com

can you confirm if you can login to your crm with your trial account and able to create a any record?

Suggested Answer
Ravi Kashyap responded on 13 Jul 2017 6:19 AM

Hi klc,

while login in PRT, what online region you are selecting? if you don't know the region then select "don't know" and try

Suggested Answer
Ravi Kashyap responded on 13 Jul 2017 10:46 PM

If you have right security permissions and can create records in CRM directly then this should work.

Can you check if you have any proxies/ group policies which can cause this issue?

Also, can you download and try to connect to XRM toolbox www.xrmtoolbox.com/download.html

Suggested Answer
Dhanabal responded on 13 Jul 2017 11:04 PM

Hi,

Use office 365 deployment type then choose your CRM server location, username and password..