SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Dynamics 365 for Sales - Updating Leads through SQL Statement

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Michael Esser asked a question on 14 Jul 2017 3:23 PM

Question Status

Verified

I need to update leads with a different owner where the lead is consistent and the owner is different.  Bulk - 5,000 

Update table set lead_name = 'JohnDoe' where account_name in ('asdef','asdf','asdf,'asdf') 

for example.

Alex Shlega responded on 14 Jul 2017 3:33 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

you can't use SQL in Dynamics online. Why don't you export all those leads to Excel, update the owner, and import them back?

Michael Esser responded on 14 Jul 2017 3:41 PM

Where can I access SQL in Dynamics online?

Do to turnover I exported all the leads and they were "sliced and diced" by sales and re-assigned.  I would probably have to load a table of sort in our in house sql server and create an update and  then re-import.

Michael Esser responded on 14 Jul 2017 3:55 PM

Sorry, I guess I was optimistic and thought you had stated why dont you utilize SQL in dynamics.  Apologies.

I guess route 2 is the option

Alex Shlega responded on 14 Jul 2017 4:02 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Right.. No SQL in the online version. For re-import, you might also look into SSIS + Kingswaysoft (makes things easier sometimes). Or a workflow.. anyway, no SQL.

Irren responded on 19 Jun 2018 11:17 AM

You can do it, with the help of Skyvia Query. It is Query Builder tool that can help you to build even complex queries visually via drag-and-drop interface without typing a line of code. Whenever necessary, you can switch to SQL editor and tweak the generated SQL code if needed.  

JanCarp responded on 7 Dec 2018 7:52 AM

Which option do I choose for the reconcile? 

Summary 

Fiscal Year

Calendar Year 

Batches 

Workflow Status 

Alex Shlega responded on 14 Jul 2017 4:02 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Right.. No SQL in the online version. For re-import, you might also look into SSIS + Kingswaysoft (makes things easier sometimes). Or a workflow.. anyway, no SQL.

Alex Shlega responded on 14 Jul 2017 3:33 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

you can't use SQL in Dynamics online. Why don't you export all those leads to Excel, update the owner, and import them back?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS