Accounts migration from CRM 2013 to Dynamics 365 using KWS SSIS

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Huzefa Bootwala asked a question on 7 Sep 2017 6:49 PM

Hello,

Is there a way where I can migrate the Inactive accounts from CRM 2013 to Dynamics 365 directly under Inactive Accounts View?

Or do I have to migrate them into Active Accounts and deactive them manually one by one?

I tried mapping statecode and statuscode from source to destination but no luck.

I found a way but it would take a while.

I retrieved all Inactive Accounts from CRM 2013 with the help of FetchXML and migrated it under Active Accounts in Dynamics 365 and then deactivated them. This is not the right way I suppose.

Thank you.

Suggested Answer
Alex Shlega responded on 7 Sep 2017 6:59 PM

Hi,

I think this might be a limitation since, normally, when creating a record, it's not supposed to be created as "inactive".. That said, I don't see anything wrong with migrating them as "Active" and deactivating them afterwords (other than that you'll have to run the migration job twice)

Huzefa Bootwala responded on 7 Sep 2017 7:05 PM

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the information. Our organization consists of couple of thousands of accounts. I thought there might be some other way to tackle this.

If nothing comes up, will have to deactive them manually.

Alex Shlega responded on 7 Sep 2017 7:13 PM

Hi,

I did not mean you have to deactivate them manually.. you can create them using ssis, and, then, update statecode/status code using ssis again.. that should work just fine

Suggested Answer
Aric Levin responded on 7 Sep 2017 8:23 PM

What error are you receiving?

Just migrated thousands of records as Inactive. Maybe a mapping issue.

I used a Derived column for State and Status code:

Then added them to the CRM Destination component:

Should not be a problem with Dynamics 365.

Huzefa Bootwala responded on 7 Sep 2017 8:38 PM

What do you mean by Derived column?

Does it mean a new field in account entity?

Aric Levin responded on 7 Sep 2017 8:55 PM

I don't think you need it, but I used it because of the way I had to determine the State and Status codes.

The derived columns was just an integer value of 0 or 1 for State Code or 1 or 2 for Status code which is what went in the destination component.

If you are reading the data from CRM 2013 and it returns an integer value for state code and an integer value for status code (whether active or inactive) you should be good.

You can enable a data viewer before your CRM Destination component to make sure the values are correct.

If you have issues, what error messages are you getting.

Suggested Answer
Alex Shlega responded on 7 Sep 2017 6:59 PM

Hi,

I think this might be a limitation since, normally, when creating a record, it's not supposed to be created as "inactive".. That said, I don't see anything wrong with migrating them as "Active" and deactivating them afterwords (other than that you'll have to run the migration job twice)

Suggested Answer
Aric Levin responded on 7 Sep 2017 8:23 PM

What error are you receiving?

Just migrated thousands of records as Inactive. Maybe a mapping issue.

I used a Derived column for State and Status code:

Then added them to the CRM Destination component:

Should not be a problem with Dynamics 365.