SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Iphone app issues

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Brad Lorick asked a question on 14 Jun 2018 1:48 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

We are running Dynamics 365 CRM ONLINE 8.2.2 and have several users that use the Dynamics 365 Iphone app.  I have one user that continues to get this error  "We're Sorry Your Server is not available or does not support this application  Correlation id: CD96C57-7FC1-413E-8C44-31ED156A5DAC

He deleted the app, and reinstalled it this afternoon and when he types in our CRM address hanescompanies.crm.dynamics.com it will not prompt him for our ADFS/credential site instead he gets that error.  He has tired this with his old and new iphones and has never gotten it to work.   Now has an Iphone 7 with the most current IOS.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get past this?

Judy17 responded on 15 Jun 2018 1:08 AM
My Badges

Hi,

Whether other users could login to Dynamics 365 for Mobile through the affected user's phone? Or whether the affected user could login to Dynamics 365 for Mobile through other normal phones?

This error can occur with an online organization if your organization is federated with Office 365 and the certificate for your federation server, such as ADFS, is not trusted.

Make sure the SSL certificate used is trusted by using a publicly trusted certificate or add the Certificate Authority certificate for the certificate of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM website and the federation server to the device.

Adding the Certificate Authority certificate to the proper device will require you to export the Certificate Authority certificate from a device that has it and then import it. In most cases, you can simply get the exported certificate on the device and open it to install/import it.
Hope it makes sense.
BR,
Judy
Brad Lorick responded on 18 Jun 2018 9:11 AM

The strange part for us it that this is the only Phone out of about 100 that is having this issue. 

Ben Thompson responded on 18 Jun 2018 12:41 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Can he connect to the instance using Safari on the phone? This will show if its a network / phone issue or something else

Equally does he have an offline profile (see step 3.1 in the document below) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/mobile-app/configure-mobile-offline-synchronization-dynamics-365-phones-tablets

Brad Lorick responded on 19 Jun 2018 2:12 PM

The user is able to login to the CRM instance with his iPhone using safari with no issues.  

Ben Thompson responded on 19 Jun 2018 2:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

That to me means it sounds like a permissions issues. Check that he has an offline profile (see the link in my previous post) and ensure he has the same roles as the other mobile users.

If it's not that the next place to look would be to ensure his phone has proper rights management installed. See docs.microsoft.com/.../secure-manage-phones-tablets for details about that.

Ben Thompson responded on 18 Jun 2018 12:41 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Can he connect to the instance using Safari on the phone? This will show if its a network / phone issue or something else

Equally does he have an offline profile (see step 3.1 in the document below) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/mobile-app/configure-mobile-offline-synchronization-dynamics-365-phones-tablets

Ben Thompson responded on 19 Jun 2018 2:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

That to me means it sounds like a permissions issues. Check that he has an offline profile (see the link in my previous post) and ensure he has the same roles as the other mobile users.

If it's not that the next place to look would be to ensure his phone has proper rights management installed. See docs.microsoft.com/.../secure-manage-phones-tablets for details about that.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS