I have a web-form with 4 steps. I change the statuscode field to "In Progress" when the first step is executed and I need to set the statuscode field to "Submitted" when the last step is executed and Redirect it to an Entity List.
Now I am able to set the statuscode to In Progress with Webform metadata but with the last step I am not able to replicate the same.
Only difference that I see in both the steps is that in the First step the Next step is a Load Form while inthe last step the Next step is a Redirect.
Can I know how to change the statuscode to "Submitted"
You need to set the metadata to the step which is before the redirect step. You if you have step 1 >> step2 >> Step 3 >> Redirect Step, you need to set your metadata on step 3.
Hope this helps.
I have set my metadata just the way you have mentioned. The step where I have set the metadata is "Load Form" and in the Next step is a Redirect Step.
Can you try your configuration with different field. Status Reason can have specific logic, and there is probability that you cannot change it to that value in that state.
For example, you can have status reason transitions defined for your entity, see: technet.microsoft.com/.../dn660979.aspx
But there are other possibilities.
BTW, can you change Status Reason on the form in the Dynamics web client to "Submitted" and save changes?
I have the same secnario configured and it is working fine. Could you please doucle check you metadata config/values. I remember for one of my form it was not working and the reason was that the field "Set Value On Save" was not ticked."
Also, do check if the status reason you are setting is applicable i.e. you can set the status reason for that record to that status reason value.
This is my config/value for the metadata setting the statusreason.
I can set the Status Reason to that value for the record. Also I checked and I have my Set value on Save checked with correct value of the status reason. I am not sure why it was not working with metadata functionality. So I created a workflow to update the Status Reason and it did the trick for me.
Business Applications communities