SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Unable to Access Dynamcis CRM URL from server after installing SSL Ceritficate

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Yusi asked a question on 12 Jul 2018 12:24 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello All, We are in a process of upgrading from CRM2011 --> CRM2016. Up until last Friday everything was fine in CRM2016. Then we installed SSL Certificate and we ran into following problems:

(i) We can access the CRM URL outside the server but cannot access CRM URL from server directly. The credentials window keeps popping up and rejects our credentials.
(ii) CRM Organization endpoints are broken. Cant access them locally from the server or our local machines.
(iii) The plugin registration tool cannot connect to CRM organization either (locally or remotely)

We know for sure the problem is related to SSL Certificate because staging environment was working perfectly fine and then installing SSL certificate their caused the same problem this morning. Certificates are good until July 2020. If anyone has any experience regarding this issue, please share. We are using ADFS

Happy to provide more information

Ummacrm responded on 12 Jul 2018 2:37 PM
My Badges

You'll want to just do a basic check to start off.  Ensure the account running App Pool has read access to the key.  Ensure the appropriate certificate is bound to IIS.  These are common low-hanging fruit.  Also, ensure the correct thumbprint shows via PowerShell, update the thumprint if necessary.  Also check the event log for errors.  Then onto ADFS, ensure certificate is installed in the correct store, and ensure you can update the federation metadata.  If you cannot, then you have some leads to follow, if you can, then  you have other leads to follow.

This is the kind of issue that really requires someone to be sitting in front of the box, as there are many things to check with each lead opening up unique remedation paths.

Pranav Shroti responded on 13 Jul 2018 1:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Found this good article on learning on updating SSL certificates.

community.dynamics.com/.../70374

Regards,

Pranav

If found useful, please mark the answer as verified

Yusi responded on 13 Jul 2018 9:12 PM

We have tried all of the above numerous times. Hoping for more good answers here. 

Pranav Shroti responded on 13 Jul 2018 1:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Found this good article on learning on updating SSL certificates.

community.dynamics.com/.../70374

Regards,

Pranav

If found useful, please mark the answer as verified

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS