SBX - Forum Post Title

Option set mapping in ssis for the data migration to CRM

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

sandeepc asked a question on 13 Jul 2018 10:30 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,All

we are migrating  data from NAVISION to CRM by using SSIS.  We   have 10+ Option set fields in CRM.

In SSIS we are using MANUAL CRM OPTIONSET MAPPING by using Cozyroc tool.  Is there any way to add  filelds  DYNAMICALLY BY mapping

Verified Answer

Hi sandeepc,

You can achieve this with the KingswaySoft CRM Option Set Mapping Component.

Sandeep Mishra responded on 15 Jul 2018 7:49 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

There is no way to map more than one option set at a time (maybe something Kingswaysoft will implement in the future).

www.kingswaysoft.com/.../optionset-mapping

Aric Levin responded on 15 Jul 2018 10:06 PM
Verified Answer

If the integer value that is representing the option set is the same in the source and target environments, you can bypass the mapping, and the integer value directly (at least in Kingswaysoft, not sure about CozyRoc).

If the values are different, you will need to add a separate Optionset Mapping Component for each Optionset that you want to map.

Hope this helps.

sandeepc responded on 16 Jul 2018 4:06 AM
My Badges

does any1 know about cozyroc tool??

sandeepc responded on 16 Jul 2018 4:28 AM
My Badges

actually we have got enough links for kingsway soft we are using cozyroc. we need an suggestion on cozyroc. can we do this using it?

sandeepc responded on 16 Jul 2018 4:46 AM
My Badges

Any suggestions will be marked as verified

Verified Answer

Hi sandeepc,

This article discusses data flow transformation to handle translation and creation of Dynamics CRM OptionSet values.with Cozyroc.

sandeepc responded on 17 Jul 2018 8:18 AM
My Badges

Mapping parameter must contain IDictionary,string,recordset or dataset error

sandeepc responded on 17 Jul 2018 8:36 AM
My Badges

any suggestions

Verified Answer

Hi sandeepc,

It looks like you may have hit the exception in the below line of code. It is found on line 784 of the article I posted.

Throw New Exception("Mapping parameter must contain IDictionary, String, Recordset or DataSet.")
sandeepc responded on 18 Jul 2018 4:53 AM
My Badges

Its working now. but where are those values will be stored as in db it is not showing in stringmapbase table

Verified Answer

Hi sandeepc,

It is hard to say without seeing your SSIS Package. The values will only end up in the database if you have mapped them into a database destination component.

Verified Answer

Hi sandeepc,

You can achieve this with the KingswaySoft CRM Option Set Mapping Component.

Sandeep Mishra responded on 15 Jul 2018 7:49 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

There is no way to map more than one option set at a time (maybe something Kingswaysoft will implement in the future).

www.kingswaysoft.com/.../optionset-mapping

Aric Levin responded on 15 Jul 2018 10:06 PM
Verified Answer

If the integer value that is representing the option set is the same in the source and target environments, you can bypass the mapping, and the integer value directly (at least in Kingswaysoft, not sure about CozyRoc).

If the values are different, you will need to add a separate Optionset Mapping Component for each Optionset that you want to map.

Hope this helps.

Verified Answer

Hi sandeepc,

This article discusses data flow transformation to handle translation and creation of Dynamics CRM OptionSet values.with Cozyroc.

Verified Answer

Hi sandeepc,

It looks like you may have hit the exception in the below line of code. It is found on line 784 of the article I posted.

Throw New Exception("Mapping parameter must contain IDictionary, String, Recordset or DataSet.")
Verified Answer

Hi sandeepc,

It is hard to say without seeing your SSIS Package. The values will only end up in the database if you have mapped them into a database destination component.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS