SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Cannot connect to Plugin Registration

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Prashant Verma asked a question on 16 Sep 2018 7:47 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All,

My CRM version is 2013 & I am trying to connect to Plugin Registration Tool but I am facing errors like below : -

I tried disabling the Firewall & Anti-Virus but nothing worked.

I wanted to know what could be the reasons behind or what permissions or other stuff needs to be checked.

Source : System.ServiceModel
Method : Retrieve
Date : 9/12/2018
Time : 5:14:01 PM
Error : Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'http://   /XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc?wsdl'.
Stack Trace : at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataRetriever.Retrieve(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
   at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.ResolveNext(ResolveCallState resolveCallState)
   at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.GetMetadata(MetadataRetriever retriever)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceMetadataUtility.RetrieveServiceEndpointMetadata(Type contractType, Uri serviceUri, Boolean checkForSecondary)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceConfiguration`1..ctor(Uri serviceUri, Boolean checkForSecondary)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceConfigurationFactory.CreateManagement[TService](Uri serviceUri, Boolean enableProxyTypes, Assembly assembly)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector.CrmWebSvc.CreateAndAuthenticateProxy[T](IServiceManagement`1 servicecfg, Uri ServiceUri, Uri homeRealm, ClientCredentials userCredentials, ClientCredentials deviceCredentials, String LogString)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector.CrmWebSvc.DiscoverOrganizations(Uri discoveryServiceUri, Uri homeRealmUri, ClientCredentials clientCredentials, ClientCredentials deviceCredentials)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.CrmConnectControl.CrmConnectionManager.ValidateServerConnection(CrmOrgByServer selectedOrg)
======================================================================================================================
Inner Exception Level 1 : 
Source : System
Method : GetResponse
Date : 9/12/2018
Time : 5:14:01 PM
Error : The operation has timed out
Stack Trace : at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataLocationRetriever.DownloadMetadata(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
   at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataRetriever.Retrieve(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)

Thanks In Advance

Goutam Das responded on 16 Sep 2018 9:09 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Prashant  

Sometimes this error is coming due to network proxy.  You may checked proxy server for your LAN in internet explorer browser settings . So you need check whether you are using proxy server by following way.

1) Go to internet explorer settings

2) Select Internet Options

3)Go to connection Tab

4)Click on LAN settings

5) in LAN settings just unchecked the proxy server.

Hope  this will help.

In addition if above does not help download the SDK for  2013 , 2015 and try again with this , sometimes  this error comes due to SDK ell version so try higher and same version SDK.

Hope this helps.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 Sep 2018 7:21 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Try accessing the descory service directly and see if it works. If it doesn't work then its network related and you need to workout this with you network team. If you can access then must be related to PLY version.

I would suggest to try the PLT available in XRM Toolbox and see if it works?

Hope this helps.

Prashant Verma responded on 2 Oct 2018 2:28 AM

Hi @Ravi,

The scene is that I am running console application from my system &it is being run & executed but it doesn't work when I run it on CRM server.

Also i tried with Toolkit it doesn't connect.

Thanks

Prashant Verma responded on 2 Oct 2018 2:31 AM

Hi,

The proxy server is already unchecked.

Also I tried with other SDK versions also.

Thanks

Prashant Verma

Ravi Kashyap responded on 2 Oct 2018 2:36 AM
Suggested Answer

Did you check if you are able to access your crm from that server? From what you have mentioned, it seems like CRM itself is not accessible from the server.

Goutam Das responded on 16 Sep 2018 9:09 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Prashant  

Sometimes this error is coming due to network proxy.  You may checked proxy server for your LAN in internet explorer browser settings . So you need check whether you are using proxy server by following way.

1) Go to internet explorer settings

2) Select Internet Options

3)Go to connection Tab

4)Click on LAN settings

5) in LAN settings just unchecked the proxy server.

Hope  this will help.

In addition if above does not help download the SDK for  2013 , 2015 and try again with this , sometimes  this error comes due to SDK ell version so try higher and same version SDK.

Hope this helps.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 Sep 2018 7:21 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Try accessing the descory service directly and see if it works. If it doesn't work then its network related and you need to workout this with you network team. If you can access then must be related to PLY version.

I would suggest to try the PLT available in XRM Toolbox and see if it works?

Hope this helps.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 2 Oct 2018 2:36 AM
Suggested Answer

Did you check if you are able to access your crm from that server? From what you have mentioned, it seems like CRM itself is not accessible from the server.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS