SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

unable to add child records for a parent record (which is in Inactive state)

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Ahmad Saud asked a question on 16 Sep 2018 8:27 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

dear all

i do have account-restaurant relationship, parent is account, child is restaurant.

when i try to add a new restaurant for an inactive account then i dont see the NEW option.

please check below.

i only see the other options

please help.

thanks,

Goutam Das responded on 16 Sep 2018 9:30 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Ahmad,

Can you please check at the time of creating relationship between those entities what  relationship behaviour you choose for account and restaurant entity?.

Can you please activate the record and check again.

Seems this is by design you can not add child record  which having parent is inactive when parent is mandatory.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 Sep 2018 7:18 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Ahmad,

This is an expected behaviour i.e. once the record is inactive, you cannot add the records to it however you can still associate the inactive records from your child records i.e. Create a new restaurant from the main menu and select the inactive account records. You might have to change the account looku view while selecting the account on your restaurant entity.

Hope this helps.

Ahmad Saud responded on 21 Sep 2018 11:12 PM
My Badges

dear Goutam

it is the default behavior , i did change nothing.

thanks,

Ahmad Saud responded on 21 Sep 2018 11:13 PM
My Badges

thanks Ravi

i will check and update you.

Goutam Das responded on 16 Sep 2018 9:30 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Ahmad,

Can you please check at the time of creating relationship between those entities what  relationship behaviour you choose for account and restaurant entity?.

Can you please activate the record and check again.

Seems this is by design you can not add child record  which having parent is inactive when parent is mandatory.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 Sep 2018 7:18 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Ahmad,

This is an expected behaviour i.e. once the record is inactive, you cannot add the records to it however you can still associate the inactive records from your child records i.e. Create a new restaurant from the main menu and select the inactive account records. You might have to change the account looku view while selecting the account on your restaurant entity.

Hope this helps.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS