SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

CRM dynamics 2016 version 9.0 maximum calculated fields

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Erik J asked a question on 12 Oct 2018 4:57 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

In CRM dynamics 2016 version 8.* the maximum amount calculated fields was 10 for each entity.

Is this changed in version 9.0? Or is this still max 10?

Flydancer responded on 12 Oct 2018 5:14 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer
Erik J responded on 12 Oct 2018 7:09 AM

The document you are referring to is posted on 10/31/2017.

Is this document still up to date with the introduction of version 9.0?

Goutam Das responded on 12 Oct 2018 8:49 AM
Verified Answer

I think there is no limit in version 9.0 , the limit is for  Saved queries, charts, and visualizations can have a maximum of 10 unique calculated fields ,check here under Calculated fields considerations

docs.microsoft.com/.../define-calculated-fields

Mahadeo Matre responded on 12 Oct 2018 9:37 AM
Verified Answer

Calculated fields need asynchronous jobs to be run every hour to calculate value.. which will take more resources if there is no limit on creating calculating fields, and this will decrease performance of CRM system, that's why there is limit of only 10 fields per entity. If you are using On-permise CRM you could change this limit, but it is totally UNSUPPORTED and not recommend option.

In case, if you need more than 10 calculated fields on entity, you need to go with different approach, e.g. creating report to show those calculations when required or some custom HTML web resources.

hope this will help..

Flydancer responded on 12 Oct 2018 5:14 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer
Goutam Das responded on 12 Oct 2018 8:49 AM
Verified Answer

I think there is no limit in version 9.0 , the limit is for  Saved queries, charts, and visualizations can have a maximum of 10 unique calculated fields ,check here under Calculated fields considerations

docs.microsoft.com/.../define-calculated-fields

Mahadeo Matre responded on 12 Oct 2018 9:37 AM
Verified Answer

Calculated fields need asynchronous jobs to be run every hour to calculate value.. which will take more resources if there is no limit on creating calculating fields, and this will decrease performance of CRM system, that's why there is limit of only 10 fields per entity. If you are using On-permise CRM you could change this limit, but it is totally UNSUPPORTED and not recommend option.

In case, if you need more than 10 calculated fields on entity, you need to go with different approach, e.g. creating report to show those calculations when required or some custom HTML web resources.

hope this will help..

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS