SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

CRM tracked mails visibility in Outlook is not working properly

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Helpdesk Renggli asked a question on 8 Nov 2018 1:18 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Dear All,

Did someone experience the issue that tracked mails in CRM are not visible properly in Outlook Dynamics 365 app four outlook?

We are using manual display settings with crm track and a color attached to it.

Like explained here: https://www.pointtaken.no/blog/2018/03/25/dynamics-365-app-for-outlook-tracking/

This seems to work halfway.

But there are some users who report that it's either not working in the inbox or the outbox.

I checked admin settings with other users who are able to see all tracked mails everywhere and deleted the whole view configuration for CRM and added it again.

Without any result.

Now I have no idea what I could do.

We are using Office 365 2013.

Does somebody have an idea?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Daniel from Renggli Support

Niraj Yadav (MSFT) responded on 8 Nov 2018 9:51 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

Have u tried categories to track appointment\emails? You will not need that workaround and tracked email will show under a new category.

Can u confirm what's behavior when user opens App. Does it shows as tracked?

Helpdesk Renggli responded on 9 Nov 2018 3:34 AM

Hello,

No, I actually don't know how I can make categories for that purpose. 

That would create way too many categories wouldn't it? Or just two like this workaround?

We use Outlook 2013 with the Dynamics App as an Add-In. Sorry for my unclear description.

Behavior:

It shows tracked emails online and with other users.

Just these two users have this problem:

It actually shows as tracked in the inbox for one user and not in the outbox/sent. It works halfways

With the other user its the other way round. The mails in the outbox are tracked but not in the inbox. It works halfways here too.

Niraj Yadav (MSFT) responded on 9 Nov 2018 6:34 PM
My Badges

I'm referring to Categories feature which was recently introduced.  Once you enable the feature and if you are configure Server Side Sync a "Track to Dynamics365" will get created and it will get associated with every tracked item. That gives a very nice visual Clue to see if given email is tracked.

More documentation:

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/.../introducing-outlook-category-based-tracking-in-server-side-synchronization

docs.microsoft.com/.../use-outlook-category-track-appointments-emails

For the specific issue that you mentioned can u share more details:

- Do u have any support ticket created?

- Does Outlook App shows them Tracked?

- What's CRM Version you are using.

Helpdesk Renggli responded on 13 Nov 2018 3:20 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I need to check this with my boss, if we should activate this feature.

No, I didn't create a support ticket yet because I thought maybe you could help me with some settings on the specific users and it will be fine.

I will check with the app in the afternoon with one of the users who reported the problem.

We are using Microsoft Dynamics 365 1710 (9.1.0.299)

Niraj Yadav (MSFT) responded on 8 Nov 2018 9:51 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

Have u tried categories to track appointment\emails? You will not need that workaround and tracked email will show under a new category.

Can u confirm what's behavior when user opens App. Does it shows as tracked?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS