SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

My custom option set field became a text field

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Showbiz asked a question on 8 Nov 2018 1:18 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi Guys,

This is super bizarre, all of a sudden, I noticed that the option set field that I have created is now a text field and not displaying the label for the option set, but the value "100000xx" instead. 

Any help and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Suggested Answer

Hi Showbiz,

Are any other people making customisations in your instance? It is possible that someone else has altered the field.

Showbiz responded on 8 Nov 2018 4:43 PM

Hi Adrian, there are, but I checked the field and it is still showing as a option set with all my values. I now removed it and re-add the field and it is fixed. But still strange how it happened in the first place.

Suggested Answer

Hello,

Looks like someone did magic :).How come optionset convert to text feld ?  

BTW you can not change field type once field created.

I have some doubt on your comment "not displaying the label for the option set, but the value "100000xx"

Can you please tell me what do you mean by above line ? Are you saying that the text field value is showing 100000xx.

Two things you need to check -

Make sure you are talking about correct field which you have created as optionset, go to form editor and double click on fields go to details section.

Check if someone may be  written custom code on load of the form to set or populate the value.

Showbiz responded on 9 Nov 2018 12:25 PM

Hi Goutam,

That is exactly why it was strange, when you to the form editor and look at the field, it is still showing the optionset and the label and value, but on the UI, the field is a text field showing the optionset's value (the numbers) instead of the label.

Can you please share screenshot of the forms , form editor and field details by going via form editor and field edit mode.

Suggested Answer

Hi Showbiz,

Are any other people making customisations in your instance? It is possible that someone else has altered the field.

Suggested Answer

Hello,

Looks like someone did magic :).How come optionset convert to text feld ?  

BTW you can not change field type once field created.

I have some doubt on your comment "not displaying the label for the option set, but the value "100000xx"

Can you please tell me what do you mean by above line ? Are you saying that the text field value is showing 100000xx.

Two things you need to check -

Make sure you are talking about correct field which you have created as optionset, go to form editor and double click on fields go to details section.

Check if someone may be  written custom code on load of the form to set or populate the value.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS