SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Exporting CRM organization

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Kumar_901 asked a question on 8 Nov 2018 2:01 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

I want to export schema/organization to a outside vendor and I don't want to provide any of the company's data which is stored in CRM. What are the best options to achieve this?

Thanks for looking into it

Suggested Answer

Hi Kumar_901,

You could create a solution with all of your components included, export it from your instance, and send the solution to the outside vendor.

Mahadeo Matre responded on 8 Nov 2018 3:39 PM
Suggested Answer

Best option is to create Managed Solution with all required entities to be exported to outside vendor.

Vendor can use this managed solution to import schema in there CRM system.

hope this will help..

Suggested Answer

Hi ,

Do you need schema of the entity, attributes?

If yes download the XRMToolbox and you could see there is a plugin called Metadata generator ,using this too you can retrieve schema for entity and fields.

Flydancer responded on 9 Nov 2018 5:58 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello Kumar,

solutions do not contain any data, it's more like the framework/schema of your crm. So using solutions is the right way for you, I guess.

Suggested Answer

Hi Kumar_901,

You could create a solution with all of your components included, export it from your instance, and send the solution to the outside vendor.

Mahadeo Matre responded on 8 Nov 2018 3:39 PM
Suggested Answer

Best option is to create Managed Solution with all required entities to be exported to outside vendor.

Vendor can use this managed solution to import schema in there CRM system.

hope this will help..

Suggested Answer

Hi ,

Do you need schema of the entity, attributes?

If yes download the XRMToolbox and you could see there is a plugin called Metadata generator ,using this too you can retrieve schema for entity and fields.

Flydancer responded on 9 Nov 2018 5:58 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello Kumar,

solutions do not contain any data, it's more like the framework/schema of your crm. So using solutions is the right way for you, I guess.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS