SBX - Forum Post Title

Share Point in Dynamics CRM

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

James asked a question on 14 Apr 2019 1:23 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

I have recently copied our Dynamics CRM Prod to Test instance. We are using Dynamics CRM SharePoint.

After the copy is done, I opened TEST CRM , in the Account entity after I navigate to documents - those document paths are pointing to PROD SharePoint.

I am not sure how do I change the document Path to point to Test SharePoint. Any help or guidance is highly appreciated

Thanks!

Verified Answer

Hi

You have to create a new Sharepoint Site collection for Test crm in Sharepoint.

Let's assume your new Test site collection url is

You then have to run the Document Management Settings again as shown below

Follow the steps in the above wizard and complete it. This will create new document libraries for each entity that has document management enabled.

Now the next thing you need to do is to clear the old document locations CRM has (these locations will become invalid once you run the above wizard)

If you run the following Advance Find Query, this will return all the records that have pointers to your Prod SharePoint folders

If you delete these records, this will clear the document location of all the records that are pointing to folders in Prod.

Once the above steps completed, if you now navigate to an account on Test, it should create a folder in your new SP Site Collection and the folder should be empty.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

James responded on 14 Apr 2019 4:55 PM
My Badges

Kokulan, Thank you very much for the details steps. It really helps.

When you say -  Create a new SharePoint Site collection, I didnt understand that. Currently we have A test Sharepoint site  - www.xyztest.com

you mean to create a brand new sharepoint site? or clear the existing TEST Sharepoint site data?

Thanks!

Ravi Kashyap responded on 15 Apr 2019 12:02 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi James,

If you want to get rid of the existing document path, you can simply do a bulk delete of all the document location in the system. You can do an advance find for document location entity and delete it.

Deleting the records will remove the references of prod documents from the record but it won't change the existing sharepoint connection i.e. any new document location will still be created in prod SP site. To avoid this,  you need to reconfigure the SharePoint configuration with the test SP site.

Refer this for configuration: www.kingswaysoft.com/.../Manage-Dynamics-365-Documents-in-SharePoint-via-Server-Based-SharePoint-Integration

I would suggest you to read this blog on SharePoint integration debajmecrm.com/.../understanding-sharepoint-document-locations-for-entity-based-folder-structure-dynamics-crm-sharepoint-integration

Hope this helps.

Hi

No if you already have a test sharepoint site no need to create new one. Does the test site has all the document libraries for crm entities? Does it have folders and files for these accounts you mentioned?

James responded on 15 Apr 2019 6:43 PM
My Badges

Yes,  the Test Site have Document libraries and folders.

So, I dont have to create a new SharePoint site collection, right?

Verified Answer

Hi

No you don't have to create new site collection.

You just have to run the Document Management Settings again as shown in my previous post pointing to test sharepoint site.

Also make sure you clear the document locations as I mentioned before

Verified Answer

Hi

You have to create a new Sharepoint Site collection for Test crm in Sharepoint.

Let's assume your new Test site collection url is

You then have to run the Document Management Settings again as shown below

Follow the steps in the above wizard and complete it. This will create new document libraries for each entity that has document management enabled.

Now the next thing you need to do is to clear the old document locations CRM has (these locations will become invalid once you run the above wizard)

If you run the following Advance Find Query, this will return all the records that have pointers to your Prod SharePoint folders

If you delete these records, this will clear the document location of all the records that are pointing to folders in Prod.

Once the above steps completed, if you now navigate to an account on Test, it should create a folder in your new SP Site Collection and the folder should be empty.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Verified Answer

Hi

No you don't have to create new site collection.

You just have to run the Document Management Settings again as shown in my previous post pointing to test sharepoint site.

Also make sure you clear the document locations as I mentioned before

Ravi Kashyap responded on 15 Apr 2019 12:02 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi James,

If you want to get rid of the existing document path, you can simply do a bulk delete of all the document location in the system. You can do an advance find for document location entity and delete it.

Deleting the records will remove the references of prod documents from the record but it won't change the existing sharepoint connection i.e. any new document location will still be created in prod SP site. To avoid this,  you need to reconfigure the SharePoint configuration with the test SP site.

Refer this for configuration: www.kingswaysoft.com/.../Manage-Dynamics-365-Documents-in-SharePoint-via-Server-Based-SharePoint-Integration

I would suggest you to read this blog on SharePoint integration debajmecrm.com/.../understanding-sharepoint-document-locations-for-entity-based-folder-structure-dynamics-crm-sharepoint-integration

Hope this helps.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS