SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Newest contacts are not showing up in marketing lists.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

mbsmclemore asked a question on 9 May 2019 7:20 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Hi. We're finding that our newest contacts are not being added to marketing lists. These contacts do not have restrictions such as Do Not Allow in their email. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Ravi Kashyap responded on 10 May 2019 1:20 AM

Hi,

have you added the contacts o the Marketing list? If yes how?

Suggested Answer

If your Marketing List is not dynamic, the new contact will not automatically appear in the list.  You either have to change your list to Dynamic and set conditions to filter contacts  or you have to manually add the new contact to the list for it to appear

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 10 May 2019 2:55 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You have to manually add members in your marketing list.

mbsmclemore responded on 10 May 2019 10:50 AM

I'm wondering if there has been an update that the team with whom I work is not aware. There are a few weird things going on with lists this week. The marketing list in which we would like to add the new contacts is dynamic. I've re-querried just in case and they are still not showing up. Regarding this same list, we recently adjusted the query parameters that took the results from approx 50K to 22K. This week it was back up in 40K. Then I sent another email to a different list and none of them were delivered, even to our employees.

mbsmclemore responded on 10 May 2019 10:52 AM

We have a parameters in the Manage Members feature which would bring them in if they matched. Our parameters for this particular list isn't that stringent so at least some should have made it in.

mbsmclemore responded on 10 May 2019 10:54 AM

The list is dynamic with parameters set in the Manage Members feature. We've been using this list for years and new contacts have made it in if they met the parameters.

Suggested Answer

You could try the following

Create the test marketing list, with same query or filter as the current Marketing list and see it picks up the new contact

If this picks up your new contact, better to check plugin logs or traces to see if you can spot any error on Contact create or update

mbsmclemore responded on 10 May 2019 12:50 PM

That's a great idea. Thank you!

If I am not wrong you have dynamic marketing list. If so you need to check the filter condition of   marketing list whether  contacts  matches with the filter criteria.

mbsmclemore responded on 10 May 2019 2:09 PM

Recreated the list and querried on both to make sure I got the most up-to-date info for each.

Original list new query: 42477

Recreated list new query: 3432

Neither contain the new contacts

Suggested Answer

When you try the same query in Advance Find what results you get? if the results are over 5K, you can use the XrmToolBox to get the total number.

You can download the Fetch from Advance find query and run that on this plugin to get the count

Make sure there are no permission issues when you run the query.  Better to use a Sys Admin account so that you can take the Permissions variable out of the question

mbsmclemore responded on 10 May 2019 4:05 PM

I used Advance Find to make the Recreated list.

Suggested Answer

If your Marketing List is not dynamic, the new contact will not automatically appear in the list.  You either have to change your list to Dynamic and set conditions to filter contacts  or you have to manually add the new contact to the list for it to appear

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 10 May 2019 2:55 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You have to manually add members in your marketing list.

Suggested Answer

You could try the following

Create the test marketing list, with same query or filter as the current Marketing list and see it picks up the new contact

If this picks up your new contact, better to check plugin logs or traces to see if you can spot any error on Contact create or update

Suggested Answer

When you try the same query in Advance Find what results you get? if the results are over 5K, you can use the XrmToolBox to get the total number.

You can download the Fetch from Advance find query and run that on this plugin to get the count

Make sure there are no permission issues when you run the query.  Better to use a Sys Admin account so that you can take the Permissions variable out of the question

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS