SBX - Forum Post Title

Go in offline mode

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

USA80 asked a question on 10 May 2019 8:37 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I am trying to go in offline for crm and getting the below error:

Setup cannot continue because desktop client upgraded to client without offline capability and laptop client upgraded to client with offline capability for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook are supported. Please change the offline capability install option, and then try again.

Suggested Answer

Hi

It looks like the Outlook Client has been upgraded but when it was upgraded the offline capability feature was not installed.

You could re-install and go through all the installation step and make sure offline feature is installed

What version of Outlook Client you are using? CRM 2016 supports the following versions

CRM 2015 for Outlook Client (No Offline Capabilities) RTM 8.0.0.1088 Compatible

CRM 2016 for Outlook Client RTM 8.0.0.1088 Compatible

support.microsoft.com/.../compatibility-with-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2016

Also, refer to the following links to know more about Going Offline

docs.microsoft.com/.../work-offline-dynamics-365-outlook

docs.microsoft.com/.../example-going-offline

USA80 responded on 13 May 2019 7:18 AM
My Badges

I don't see an option to go through the steps to ensure offline feature is installed.  When I run a repair I get the same issue/message.

USA80 responded on 13 May 2019 8:01 AM
My Badges

I have installed the offline mode now, but get the following error when it is trying to grab the records and synchronize them to the offline database.

"Client was not able to download data.  Contact your system administrator for assistance and try going offline again."

USA80 responded on 13 May 2019 9:11 AM
My Badges

I was able to get the sync to work, but how can I find existing records now when offline?

Suggested Answer

Hi

It looks like the Outlook Client has been upgraded but when it was upgraded the offline capability feature was not installed.

You could re-install and go through all the installation step and make sure offline feature is installed

What version of Outlook Client you are using? CRM 2016 supports the following versions

CRM 2015 for Outlook Client (No Offline Capabilities) RTM 8.0.0.1088 Compatible

CRM 2016 for Outlook Client RTM 8.0.0.1088 Compatible

support.microsoft.com/.../compatibility-with-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2016

Also, refer to the following links to know more about Going Offline

docs.microsoft.com/.../work-offline-dynamics-365-outlook

docs.microsoft.com/.../example-going-offline

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS