SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

"See the records associated with this view" icon on subgrids on forms issue

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

rsjarrell asked a question on 17 May 2019 9:29 AM

Question Status

Verified

I know this question has been asked before on this forum but I haven't found any definitive answer. I have a Main Account Form on which I have 7 subgrids. On the Contacts and Connections subgrid the "See the records associated with this view" icon shows up. On the Appointments, Opportunities, Phone Calls, Emails and Tasks subgrids it doesn't. I have tried everything I can think of and researched this extensively but haven't found an answer.

I finally, reluctantly, submitted a support ticket. The response was "I investigated the issue and found out that its “out of the box” designing".

Since no one, and I mean no one, uses Dynamics "out of the box" I have never have quite understood why this seems to be the default answer so frequently. I'm really having a hard time believing that MS "designed" Dynamics to only show this icon on two entities and not on any others. I have two questions:

1. Does anyone have a solution for this issue, and if not

2. Does anyone have this icon showing on ANY of the entities that I'm not seeing it on, and if so would you please post a screenshot and I'll use it to continue my support ticket and hopefully get some type of logical answer?

I'll post any resolution, or lack thereof, when I can.

Thanks!

Shidin Haridas responded on 17 May 2019 10:20 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

You are up at a dead end, I am sorry.

The 'show related records' sub-grid button does not pop-up on entity sub-grids of type 'activity'.

However, if you have an activities sub-grid, you should be able to see that magic button pop-up.

Internally, all activity entity types roll-up to the activity-pointer entity (activities) and it makes sense to group all activities together than having separate grids for different activity types.

If you introduce 3 new activity types, would you want to create 3 new sub-grids on your form? Isn't it easier to just head to activities and then filter based on the activity type you want?

If my answer helps you, please mark it as verified.

rsjarrell responded on 17 May 2019 10:27 AM

Finally, a clear, logical answer and not just "that's as designed".

We have individual subgrids as we want to be able to see all of our activities at a glance.

THANK YOU!

Shidin Haridas responded on 17 May 2019 10:20 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

You are up at a dead end, I am sorry.

The 'show related records' sub-grid button does not pop-up on entity sub-grids of type 'activity'.

However, if you have an activities sub-grid, you should be able to see that magic button pop-up.

Internally, all activity entity types roll-up to the activity-pointer entity (activities) and it makes sense to group all activities together than having separate grids for different activity types.

If you introduce 3 new activity types, would you want to create 3 new sub-grids on your form? Isn't it easier to just head to activities and then filter based on the activity type you want?

If my answer helps you, please mark it as verified.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS