SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Quote Product - isproductoveridden readonly for users

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Shwaa77 asked a question on 17 May 2019 1:30 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I must be overlooking something very simple, users aren't able to change "Select Product"(Existing/write In), its readonly(SysAdmins still have access).

The field isn't set to readonly, No Javscript on the form(To prevent access)and no Field level security. Not sure what to check on Security role to change access.

User said was able to access change yesterday but not today, not aware of any changes we've made to prevent the users from accessing this.

Thanks, in-advance for your assistance with this.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Override Quote Pricing (Sales tab on security role) is a special privilege and make sure you grant this to the user's role

Please follow the link below to know more about these Misc privileges

https://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/colinmaitland/2012/10/08/pricing_products_part_11_override_pricing_privileges

Shwaa77 responded on 17 May 2019 3:57 PM
My Badges

Thank you Kokulan, I just checked the Privileges and even our regular salespeople have Override Quote Pricing set to organization, as we have a workflow that will notify their managers if they do override the prices.

Since creating this thread we have also noticed that write-in products are also failing:

Unhandled exception:

Exception type: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault]

<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance&quot; xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts&quot;>

<ActivityId>e84e060d-82c9-422b-bdfe-fb70e5d08565</ActivityId>

<ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>

<ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic&quot;>

<KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>

<d2p1:key>ApiExceptionSourceKey</d2p1:key>

<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema&quot; i:type="d4p1:string">Plugin/Microsoft.Dynamics.Sales.Plugins.PreOperationQuotelineCreate</d2p1:value>

</KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>

<KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>

<d2p1:key>ApiOriginalExceptionKey</d2p1:key>

<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema&quot; i:type="d4p1:string">Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: An unexpected error occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Override Quote Pricing (Sales tab on security role) is a special privilege and make sure you grant this to the user's role

Please follow the link below to know more about these Misc privileges

https://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/colinmaitland/2012/10/08/pricing_products_part_11_override_pricing_privileges

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS