Question Status

Unanswered
Benjamin Saine asked a question on 10 Feb 2011 12:39 PM

One of our pilot users has downloaded and installed the Outlook connector for CRM 2011 Online.  He has approximately 3,000 Contacts in CRM (Business Unit in CRM has 8,000 total), which are now cross-populating with his personal Outlook contacts, which in turn is synchronizing with his Blackberry as new Contacts.  The poor Blackberry is choking on these 3,000 new Contacts.

What can I do to compartmentalize Contacts, so that personal Contacts in Outlook stay in a separate list from CRM 2011 Online Contacts?  My hope is that compartmentalization will prevent CRM 2011 Contacts from being automatically synchronized by the BES as personal Contacts.

Alex Fagundes - PowerObjects responded on 10 Feb 2011 12:55 PM

Hi Benjamin,

Does the user need to synchronize all those contacts?  My recomendation would be to narrow down the number of contacts the user synchronizes to the balckberry.

Here's a blog we wrote:

www.powerobjects.com/.../the-ins-and-outs-of-synchronizing-contacts-with-outlook-crm-client-for-crm-4-0

craigde responded on 10 Feb 2011 3:49 PM

Hi Benjamin

You can apparently filter by category in the blackberry itself. There are some details on this thread

forums.crackberry.com/.../multiple-contact-folders-outlook-sync-blackberry-1701

You should therefore be able to create a personal category and tag the contacts they want to sync with that.

Hope this helps