Question Status

Verified
Jennifer M asked a question on 20 Mar 2012 1:48 PM

Does anyone know of a way to generate a new announcement via a workflow based on when an opportuntity field is updated.

Verified Answer
Gus Gonzalez responded on 20 Mar 2012 2:15 PM

Jennifer,

There is a methid within Workflows that allows you to "post "announcements" to the Activity Feeds. There is no method within worflows to publish a regular CRM Announcement.

Would that suffice?

Gus Gonzalez

Dad, Husband, Engineer, 3-time Microsoft MVP, Solution Architect,  Subject Matter Expert, Speaker, Columnist  Georgia Chapter Chairman. Follow me @GusGonzalez2.

Jennifer M responded on 21 Mar 2012 6:03 AM

Can you provide more information on posting announcements? I do not see this feature on the process development screens. Ideally we want to have the announcement autogenerate in the announcement area. I believe you are talking about the social networking activity feeds feature which we have not put into our system yet.

Verified Answer
Gus Gonzalez responded on 20 Mar 2012 2:15 PM

Jennifer,

There is a methid within Workflows that allows you to "post "announcements" to the Activity Feeds. There is no method within worflows to publish a regular CRM Announcement.

Would that suffice?

Gus Gonzalez

Dad, Husband, Engineer, 3-time Microsoft MVP, Solution Architect,  Subject Matter Expert, Speaker, Columnist  Georgia Chapter Chairman. Follow me @GusGonzalez2.