Error Dashboard: "Maximum limit is exceeded record. Reduce the number of records"

This question is answered

Hi.

In CRM2011, when I build a chart (Bar) to a dashboard from a table with more than 55,000 records I get the following error message: "Maximum limit is exceeded record. Reduce the number of records"

The FetchXML of chart is as follows. How I can fix this problem without affecting the performance.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------

<visualization>
  <visualizationid>{xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx}</visualizationid>
  <name>EstadoP</name>
  <primaryentitytypecode>contact</primaryentitytypecode>
  <datadescription>
    <datadefinition>
      <fetchcollection>
        <fetch mapping="logical" aggregate="true">
          <entity name="contact">
            <attribute groupby="true" alias="_CRMAutoGen_groupby_column_Num_0" name="new_estadoparticipante" />
            <attribute alias="_CRMAutoGen_aggregate_column_Num_0" name="fullname" aggregate="count" />
          </entity>
        </fetch>
      </fetchcollection>
      <categorycollection>
        <category alias="_CRMAutoGen_groupby_column_Num_0">
          <measurecollection>
            <measure alias="_CRMAutoGen_aggregate_column_Num_0" />
          </measurecollection>
        </category>
      </categorycollection>
    </datadefinition>
  </datadescription>
  <presentationdescription>
    <Chart Palette="None" PaletteCustomColors="149,189,66; 197,56,52; 55,118,193; 117,82,160; 49,171,204; 255,136,35; 168,203,104; 209,98,96; 97,142,206; 142,116,178; 93,186,215; 255,155,83">
      <Series>
        <Series ChartType="Bar" IsValueShownAsLabel="True" Font="{0}, 9.5px" LabelForeColor="59, 59, 59" CustomProperties="PointWidth=0.75, MaxPixelPointWidth=40">
          <SmartLabelStyle Enabled="True" />
        </Series>
      </Series>
      <ChartAreas>
        <ChartArea BorderColor="White" BorderDashStyle="Solid">
          <AxisY LabelAutoFitMinFontSize="8" TitleForeColor="59, 59, 59" TitleFont="{0}, 10.5px" LineColor="165, 172, 181" IntervalAutoMode="VariableCount">
            <MajorGrid LineColor="239, 242, 246" />
            <MajorTickMark LineColor="165, 172, 181" />
            <LabelStyle Font="{0}, 10.5px" ForeColor="59, 59, 59" />
          </AxisY>
          <AxisX LabelAutoFitMinFontSize="8" TitleForeColor="59, 59, 59" TitleFont="{0}, 10.5px" LineColor="165, 172, 181" IntervalAutoMode="VariableCount">
            <MajorTickMark LineColor="165, 172, 181" />
            <MajorGrid LineColor="Transparent" />
            <LabelStyle Font="{0}, 10.5px" ForeColor="59, 59, 59" />
          </AxisX>
        </ChartArea>
      </ChartAreas>
      <Titles>
        <Title Alignment="TopLeft" DockingOffset="-3" Font="{0}, 13px" ForeColor="59, 59, 59"></Title>
      </Titles>
    </Chart>
  </presentationdescription>
  <isdefault>false</isdefault>
</visualization>

-----------------------------------------------------

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • on premise or crm online? Iif on-premise you can change a setting on the server to increase limit.

• Thaks for reply.

Its on-premise. How change this settings?

Thx.

• Hello ,  we are getting an error message " The maximum record Limit is exceeded. Reduce the  number of records. RoIIup error Occurred for the goal < gola name>  " When try to access several goal records

we are using CRM 2011 online . Any idea what can be the reason & how to resolve this error

• Hello Julian.

Please take a look at this link below:

community.dynamics.com/.../aumentar-el-l-237-mite-de-registros-para-las-queryaggregation.aspx

Also, note that modifying the database directly is not supported. You need to take this risk if you want to change the default from database.

Note that increasing this limit may impact the performance of the queries in CRM 2011, so you should test it out and ensure your CRM and SQL Server are up to the task.

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities,

Rodrigo Cristelli Lugarinho
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Dynamics CRM Support Blog

• You might be running into the issue described at :

blog.clickdimensions.com/.../how-many-members-can-you-add-to-a-marketing-list-in-crm-2011.html

"In Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, there is a limit of 50,000 records for any aggregate query. You may have bumped into this default limitation when viewing a chart on a list view or dashboard when the query behind the chart would normally return more than 50,000 records:"

You can

1. reduce the number of records

OR

2. increase the limit set by default.

Cheers

Alengeo

• Hello Dejavu M

Did you ever solve this problem - I think that I'm having the same problem. I can't even pull the data?

• It works for me by increasing the limit of AggregateQueryRecordLimit.

However, as the data is continuously growing, I need to know how to reduce the number of records being fetched.