Have to double click on everything in CRM 2011

This question is answered

After turning on ADFS and IFD in CRM 2011 environment we now have to double click on links that should be a single click before they will open the window in Internet Explorer. The links are working correctly in outlook 2010.

We are on rollup 5 on premise, with IE 9. Any thoughts? We are not using ISA or TMG. We do have a Kemp load balancer and IPS system in front of our deployment, but get the same results internally and externally.

Thanks,
JR

Verified Answer
  • Thank you everyone for your thoughts and ideas. We have identified the problem as an issue with the Kemp's Intrusion Prevention System, for some reason it is seeing the first click as an attack, but allowing the second click to proceed. We are working with Kemp to resolve the issue.

All Replies
  • I've also seen this in an environment with ISA deployed. It might be related to the compression settings of your system, based on the discussion in this thread on the CRM Forum: social.microsoft.com/.../7fecdc1a-7563-48da-ac47-ac22a9d507ce

Jukka Niiranen

- - - 

Blog: Surviving CRM - Twitter: @jukkan

• This explains it best from what I have found.

blogs.technet.com/.../crm-published-through-isa-tmg-save-and-new-button-on-the-form-does-not-work-properly-need-to-click-twice-on-the-links-in-the-crm-page.aspx

Great thanks,

Derek Olson

Technical Lead | Dynamics CRM Customer Service and Support

• Thank you everyone for your thoughts and ideas. We have identified the problem as an issue with the Kemp's Intrusion Prevention System, for some reason it is seeing the first click as an attack, but allowing the second click to proceed. We are working with Kemp to resolve the issue.

• We have this problem on our local intranet site, no TMG.  We have both a test and production installation of CRM 2011 on-premise on rollup 8.  I have a couple of machines where the test site is OK, but the production site has the problem.  And, I can reset all of the settings in IE9 and then BOTH sites have the problem, which leads me to believe that a browser setting could cause this issue or that a working version was cached.  Anyone else have suggestions on what might cause this problem?  Thanks!

• Ended up solving our version of this problem by turning ON compression within IIS.  We never had it on - seems like a recent rollup did something to require it?  Strange, but with compression on, both of our environments no longer require double click and the "save & new" function works as it should.  Turning compression back off returns it to the same problem state as before.