40 potential Web Resources issues for 2013 CRM Online Fall update

Question Status

Verified
Elaine87 asked a question on 18 Sep 2013 1:54 AM

Hi,

I just received an email from Microsoft saying the following:

The organization XXXXX has 40 potential issues with their Web Resources for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013

Although to my knowledge no custom code was written, as advised I have used the Custom Code Validation Tool. However it did not pick up any issues.

Can anyone help me with figuring out how to look for those 40 issues?

On top of it, I am slightly confused with which version of CRM online I am actually using. The URL shows XXXXX.CRM4.dynamics.com while clicking on 'about', it shows that I am using 2011.

I would really appreciate some help here. Many thanks in advance.

Elaine

Suggested Answer
Guido Preite responded on 18 Sep 2013 2:33 AM

Hi Elaine,

your url is  xxx.crm4.dynamics.com because your crm online instance is in europe, for american customers the url is xxx.crm.dynamics.com and for asia is xxx.crm5.dynamics.com

Try to run again the Custom Code Validation Tool (first install the latest version from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30151) and click to run the validation for 2013 version (now the custom code validation tool has 2 buttons, 1 for 2011 check and 1 to prepare for 2013 version)

Elaine87 responded on 18 Sep 2013 2:47 AM

hi Guido,

Thank you for your reply and explanation!

I have installed the latest version of the validation tool and have clicked on the 2011 button. However it does not show me any issues. Hence, I also tried the 2013 button, but that did not show me any issues as well.

Just to confirm, does this validation tool only check custom web resources? because to my knowledge, no custom codes were created. Only custom workflows and entities were made.

Should I be alarmed with the 40 potential errors that Microsoft told me about?

Thanks!

Guido Preite responded on 18 Sep 2013 2:52 AM

Hi Elaine,

Custom Code Validation Tool check custom webresources (javascript mostly).

Can you go to Settings - > Customizations -> Customize the System

after click on Web Resources and check if there are web resources installed.

Elaine87 responded on 18 Sep 2013 2:58 AM

In total there are 691 web resources of which there are 6 customizable ones including 2 for the validation tool.

Guido Preite responded on 18 Sep 2013 3:03 AM

691 web resources means that your system has some kind of customization code (or maybe several images)

can you post a screenshot of the webresources inside the following views:

Customizable, Silverlight, Web Page

Elaine87 responded on 18 Sep 2013 3:08 AM

sure

Elaine87 responded on 18 Sep 2013 3:14 AM

Elaine87 responded on 18 Sep 2013 3:44 AM

Thank you for trying to go through it with me

Verified Answer
Guido Preite responded on 18 Sep 2013 5:22 AM

Hi Elaine,

as I can see inside your organization is installed North52 Formula Manager and Activity Feeds solution,.

Most probably the issues are referred to these 2 solutions (specially the jquery script used by Activity Feeds).

I suggest to wait for the upgrade and if real issues appears (remember that the email and the custom code validation tool check for potential issues) will be more easy to fix (for example North52 maybe release an updated version of their solution compatible with CRM 2013

Elaine87 responded on 18 Sep 2013 5:27 AM

Thanks a lot for your help Guido, I definitely will keep an eye on it!

Verified Answer
Guido Preite responded on 18 Sep 2013 5:22 AM

Hi Elaine,

as I can see inside your organization is installed North52 Formula Manager and Activity Feeds solution,.

Most probably the issues are referred to these 2 solutions (specially the jquery script used by Activity Feeds).

I suggest to wait for the upgrade and if real issues appears (remember that the email and the custom code validation tool check for potential issues) will be more easy to fix (for example North52 maybe release an updated version of their solution compatible with CRM 2013

Suggested Answer
Guido Preite responded on 18 Sep 2013 2:33 AM

Hi Elaine,

your url is  xxx.crm4.dynamics.com because your crm online instance is in europe, for american customers the url is xxx.crm.dynamics.com and for asia is xxx.crm5.dynamics.com

Try to run again the Custom Code Validation Tool (first install the latest version from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30151) and click to run the validation for 2013 version (now the custom code validation tool has 2 buttons, 1 for 2011 check and 1 to prepare for 2013 version)