SBX - Forum Post Title

CRM 2011 in Windows Server 2012

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Miguel Costa asked a question on 14 Nov 2013 4:41 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi Everyone,

I recently started a proof of concept on my organization database already in CRM 2011 running under Windows Server 2008 R2 onto a new setup installation on Windows Server 2012.

So far, I was able to make a complete install of CRM and running fine with all rollups applied successfully.

My Current issue only starts to happen as soon as I import my Organization database onto the new system. I'm able to browse, see and in some entities work. However, if I try to change a setting in the System Settings dialog some errors are thrown on the logs and don't allow me to save anything. Here's what I'm getting:

>Duplicate DisplayName found for lcid '10266' - 'Serbian (Cyrillic, Serbia)'.

[2013-11-14 12:32:54.891] Process: w3wp |Organization:f91ad89f-2259-48f2-8aae-51bcd76bd17a |Thread: 7 |Category: Application |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error |ReqId: ae3cdf33-9a18-4191-8b67-347fa2c136b6 | RegionalOptions.Initialize ilOffset = 0xD
at RegionalOptions.Initialize() ilOffset = 0xD
at _tools_systemsettings_dialogs_systemsettings_aspx.__BuildControlregionalOptions() ilOffset = 0x6
at _tools_systemsettings_dialogs_systemsettings_aspx.__BuildControlcrmForm() ilOffset = 0x295
at _tools_systemsettings_dialogs_systemsettings_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() ilOffset = 0x19
at Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) ilOffset = 0x9
at Page.ProcessRequest() ilOffset = 0x14
at Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) ilOffset = 0x33
at CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() ilOffset = 0x18D
at HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) ilOffset = 0x15
at ApplicationStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error) ilOffset = 0x10A
at HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) ilOffset = 0x5C
at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) ilOffset = 0x16A
at ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(IntPtr ecb, Int32 iWRType) ilOffset = 0x4B
>Duplicate DisplayName found for lcid '9242' - 'Serbian (Latin, Serbia)'.
[2013-11-14 12:32:54.893] Process: w3wp |Organization:f91ad89f-2259-48f2-8aae-51bcd76bd17a |Thread: 7 |Category: Application |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error |ReqId: ae3cdf33-9a18-4191-8b67-347fa2c136b6 | RegionalOptions.Initialize ilOffset = 0xD
at RegionalOptions.Initialize() ilOffset = 0xD
at _tools_systemsettings_dialogs_systemsettings_aspx.__BuildControlregionalOptions() ilOffset = 0x6
at _tools_systemsettings_dialogs_systemsettings_aspx.__BuildControlcrmForm() ilOffset = 0x295
at _tools_systemsettings_dialogs_systemsettings_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() ilOffset = 0x19
at Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) ilOffset = 0x9
at Page.ProcessRequest() ilOffset = 0x14
at Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) ilOffset = 0x33
at CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() ilOffset = 0x18D
at HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) ilOffset = 0x15
at ApplicationStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error) ilOffset = 0x10A
at HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) ilOffset = 0x5C
at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) ilOffset = 0x16A
at ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(IntPtr ecb, Int32 iWRType) ilOffset = 0x4B
>Duplicate DisplayName found for lcid '10266' - 'Serbian (Cyrillic, Serbia)'.

I've tried looking in the LocalizedLabels table but can't get anywhere. I can't seem to understand the reason for these errors as I'm only working with the base language 1033 English. No multi-language support existed on the previous solution so I'm quite lost here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Here is all the places I found LanguageId in the CRM database. You can see if any of these help.

select * from LocalizedLabelLogicalView where LanguageId = 10266

select * from LocalizedLabelView where LanguageId = 10266

select * from LocalizedLabelAsIfPublishedLogicalView where LanguageId = 10266

select * from LocalizedLabelAsIfPublishedView where LanguageId = 10266

select * from LocalizedLabel where LanguageId = 10266

select * from OrganizationLanguagePack where LanguageId = 10266

Of course, if/when you find something suspect, I'm not sure what you'll need to do to identify the "bad" data and get it cleaned up.

Miguel Costa responded on 14 Nov 2013 10:49 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Dear Josh,

Thanks for your help.

I ended up finding the problem to what was causing the System Settings form not closing. Despite the logs pointed me to the languages it had absolutely nothing to do with it.

After trying to delete all LocalizedLabels and still getting the same issue on the logs I decided to try and run Internet Explorer javascript debugger to see if something was happening. CRM can some times trick you on this. Fortunately I was able to conclude that my error was related to the Email attachment maximum size configured on the Email tab over on System Settings.

Our CRM database configured on the other servers has a different size that is also changed on the CRMWeb web.config being 51200. The default limit is 32000 (plus something). When I imported the database this value obviously gets changed on the database but not on the config. So, when trying to save the System Settings window, javascript debugger thrown errors trying to display something that it couldn't.

Don't know why these kind of errors still persist as they can sometimes give you a huge pain.

So, wrapping up, my issue was solved by changing the web.config value to the same value that I previously had on the database or by decreasing the value on the System Settings window to a value lower that 32000 (plus something).

Thank you for the help. I'll also look into those items as CRM might have some other issues under the hood that I might not be aware of.

Miguel Costa responded on 14 Nov 2013 10:49 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Dear Josh,

Thanks for your help.

I ended up finding the problem to what was causing the System Settings form not closing. Despite the logs pointed me to the languages it had absolutely nothing to do with it.

After trying to delete all LocalizedLabels and still getting the same issue on the logs I decided to try and run Internet Explorer javascript debugger to see if something was happening. CRM can some times trick you on this. Fortunately I was able to conclude that my error was related to the Email attachment maximum size configured on the Email tab over on System Settings.

Our CRM database configured on the other servers has a different size that is also changed on the CRMWeb web.config being 51200. The default limit is 32000 (plus something). When I imported the database this value obviously gets changed on the database but not on the config. So, when trying to save the System Settings window, javascript debugger thrown errors trying to display something that it couldn't.

Don't know why these kind of errors still persist as they can sometimes give you a huge pain.

So, wrapping up, my issue was solved by changing the web.config value to the same value that I previously had on the database or by decreasing the value on the System Settings window to a value lower that 32000 (plus something).

Thank you for the help. I'll also look into those items as CRM might have some other issues under the hood that I might not be aware of.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS