Live id with transitioned crm online

This question is answered

Hi

Our crm online has been transitioned to use the new service platform and I can no longer logon to crm online using my Live id. I have some integrations that still works with the Live id credentials. Will these eventually stop working as well?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Roberto,

I suggest to use the new credentials also inside your integration as soon as possible. It is not guaranteed that they will continue to work (probably they are still working because not all CRM instances are migrated to Office365 so Microsoft still permits the connection for a while)

All Replies
  • You need to login to CRM using your new credentials e-mailed by Microsoft.

If your organization includes customizations in JavaScript, Silverlight, Web Resources, or an ISV solution that authenticates to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online using Live ID credentials these functions should be updated to use the new cloud managed or federated credentials.

More information on coding approaches can be found at:

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh771584.aspx (JavaScript)

technet.microsoft.com/.../gg334279.aspx (REST Endpoint)

• What I ment was that even so, I can still run integrations with the old live id login. How come and will it stop working?

• Hi Roberto,

I suggest to use the new credentials also inside your integration as soon as possible. It is not guaranteed that they will continue to work (probably they are still working because not all CRM instances are migrated to Office365 so Microsoft still permits the connection for a while)