BIDS Connection error - Cannot Preview Reports

This question has suggested answer(s)

Dear All,

Quick question I am hoping has a relatively easy solution.

I have been working with BIDS reporting tool for Dynamics CRM On-line for a couple of months now....everything was going fine until 1 week ago.

All of a sudden, I stopped being able to connect to my data source. Instead I receive the error message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cannot create a connection string to the datasource "CRM_Online_Connection_One"

The connection to server "https://[OrgName].crm4.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc" could not be established.

Make sure the connection string and credentials are correct, and try again. Access Denied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not simply for new reports I create, but for those that were happily working a while ago.

I am 100% convinced that the credentials are correct and that the connection string is the same as always.

Can anyone shed some knowledge on what could be the matter?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

All Replies
  • Hi Alex,    

Unfortunately the investigative path in CRM Online is a bit limited in comparison to the CRM On Premise platform.I would recommend you open a Support Ticket with us so that we might gather the proper server traces to reveal the reason behind this issue.

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities

Cezar Lozici

Support Engineer

Microsoft Dynamics CRM