Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
I've run into an issue with one of our users with CRM 2013 Outlook AddIn with Outlook 2010.
Basically when the user opens Outlook a popup appears advising a 'Microsoft .Net Framework Unhandled exception occurred' you have the option to Continue or Quit. If you Quit it closes the AddIn, however if you click Continue the AddIn appears to continue working.Screen shot: Attempts at resolution:
This still appears, wondering if anyone has come across this yet and has a possible fix?
is this an upgraded environment? We had this issue with an customer where the outlook client was configured against CRM 2011, we upgraded the server, 'upgraded' the outlook client (removed and reinstalled 2013 client). The configuration was still in registry/mapi.
The solution was to remove the configuration and reconfigure it again.
Have you tried reconfiguring the client? Not re-installing.
Also check if there are other add-in's , this can also be an issue with an combination of add-in's. Try disabling other add-in's.
Thanks for that Remon, I removed and re-added everything including a repair on Outlook, I am quite sure I would have reconfigured CRM.
Do you know the registry entries that I can check to see if this has/hasn't updated?
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient is where it stores most info.
I really had exactly the same issue with an customer where it had leftovers in the Outlook profile.
Maybe try and remove your Outlook profile, start a new profile and configure CRM.
(please note/backup all settings in Outlook!)
I finally got a call back from the user regarding this issue, Pro-Tip if you want a call from a user who isn't replying to your emails Close their Ticket/Service request.
I checked the registry key you mention about and it only contained an Outlook error 14 entry. I added the user to have Full Control over the key.
Then I opened CRM Configuration Wizard, I tried deleting the Server entry and received an error that Outlook was open. I closed Outlook and tried deleting again.
I then selected Add and readded the CRM online. It failed to detect on the first attempt and tried again. This time it connected and displayed the details for the users account and the CRM Server URL.
I launched Outlook with No errors or warning messages at all.
This solution worked for me. Thanks!
Business Applications communities