E-mail Workflow not Working

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Bruno Souza asked a question on 14 Apr 2014 6:47 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem with my workflow:

When I try to put a parameter, like {Activity[Owner]}, or something like that, when I save the e-mail, it shows me a error and when it is sent, the message is not shown.

Can you help me ?

The log is here:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Xml.XmlException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #D36A3F98Detail:
<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
<ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
<Message>System.Xml.XmlException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #D36A3F98</Message>
<Timestamp>2014-04-14T12:53:48.6830739Z</Timestamp>
<InnerFault i:nil="true" />
<TraceText i:nil="true" />
</OrganizationServiceFault>

Thank you !!

NIZAR JLASSI responded on 14 Apr 2014 8:07 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Bruno,

Your exception is not too talkative :)

But some days ago, I had the same exception.

For me it's because of 2 points:

1st point : I'm trying to send email from or to a non resolved email addresses.

2nd point : The configuration of email router in our CRM Servers allows only to queues to send emails. And I'm using something like this {Activity[Owner]} but what I should do is to use something like this: {DefaultQueue{Activity[Owner]}}.

To resolve the 1st point you should uncheck in System Setting > Email tab the 2 checkboxes :

For the second point try to use Default Queue of the owner of the activity instead of the owner.  

Nizar JLASSI
Dymamics CRM Trainer and Senior Consultant
Email : n.jlassi@gmail.com

Bruno Souza responded on 14 Apr 2014 9:52 AM
My Badges

Bruno Souza responded on 14 Apr 2014 10:02 AM
My Badges

My problem is in the body of the e-mail.

When I put only text, it goes normally, no problems.

But when I define parameters, it start not working, and shows the error !

Joe Dubs responded on 14 Apr 2014 12:56 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

What update rollup are you on? I noticed some very strange occurences using dynamic fields in a workflow email prior to UR2. Since applying UR2 they have gone away.

JWG responded on 15 Apr 2014 8:54 AM

We have the same problem using Dynamics CRM online ... I can include Dynamic values in all the fields EXCEPT the body field.  If I include a Dynamic value (any) it gives me the error code

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Xml.XmlException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #8CAA8F38Detail:

<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts">

<ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>

<ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic" />

<Message>System.Xml.XmlException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #8CAA8F38</Message>

<Timestamp>2014-04-15T15:53:41.854185Z</Timestamp>

<InnerFault i:nil="true" />

<TraceText i:nil="true" />

</OrganizationServiceFault>

Bruno Souza responded on 15 Apr 2014 10:14 AM
My Badges

I'm on this:

JWG responded on 15 Apr 2014 10:20 AM

Same here:

Microsoft Dynamics® CRM Online Fall '13

(6.0.2.50) (DB 6.0.2.50)

Bruno Souza responded on 15 Apr 2014 12:17 PM
My Badges

Can it be a bug ?

Bruno Souza responded on 22 Apr 2014 11:23 AM
My Badges

Guys, I "solved" my problem.

I was making the changes in the Google Chrome navigator.

When I tried in I.E., the error just doesn't appears anymore !

Thank you all !!

JWG responded on 22 Apr 2014 3:21 PM
Suggested Answer

Same for me - works in I.E. - Thanks Bruno

Israel Redden responded on 14 May 2014 11:17 AM
My Badges

Same problem. Same solution. Used Chrome and it failed. Used IE and it worked. Sadly, I couldn't find this article when I was actually trying to resolve this issue. I only found it trying to resolve another issue related to the iPad/iPhone app.

Oystein Wilhelm Jenssen responded on 11 Jun 2014 11:34 PM

We have the same error, but it comes when a user is tracking email in Outlook.

Our version is 6.0.2.51.

Any suggestion?

NIZAR JLASSI responded on 14 Apr 2014 8:07 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Bruno,

Your exception is not too talkative :)

But some days ago, I had the same exception.

For me it's because of 2 points:

1st point : I'm trying to send email from or to a non resolved email addresses.

2nd point : The configuration of email router in our CRM Servers allows only to queues to send emails. And I'm using something like this {Activity[Owner]} but what I should do is to use something like this: {DefaultQueue{Activity[Owner]}}.

To resolve the 1st point you should uncheck in System Setting > Email tab the 2 checkboxes :

For the second point try to use Default Queue of the owner of the activity instead of the owner.  

Nizar JLASSI
Dymamics CRM Trainer and Senior Consultant
Email : n.jlassi@gmail.com

Joe Dubs responded on 14 Apr 2014 12:56 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

What update rollup are you on? I noticed some very strange occurences using dynamic fields in a workflow email prior to UR2. Since applying UR2 they have gone away.

JWG responded on 22 Apr 2014 3:21 PM
Suggested Answer

Same for me - works in I.E. - Thanks Bruno

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS