SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Login failed for user '<domain>\<computer>$'

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Don DeVeux asked a question on 21 Oct 2014 12:00 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I have a new installation of CRM 2013 in a distributed environment.

DC - Windows 2012 R2 with Active Directory

SQL - Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise

CRM - Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise

Installation went fine - no errors, but now, when I try to login I get an error stating:

Login failed for user '<domain>\<computer>$'.  I have checked the DC and the crm computer (LenaCRM) is a member of the SQLAccessGroup.  I have checked SQL and both the LenaCRM and NT_AUTHORITY\NETWORK_SERVICE have rights to the LenaCRM_MSCRM database.

What am I missing?

Don

Reply
Wayne Walton responded on 21 Oct 2014 12:20 PM
My Badges

What do the CRM server application logs say?

Reply
Don DeVeux responded on 21 Oct 2014 12:27 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Solved my own problem (somewhat by mistake).  I was trying to access my CRM online account on the same machine that I installed the on-premise version (the one that had the problem).  In order to get that to work I had to modify the Internet Options in IE to at least prompt (or Allow) all of the scripting.  After clicking through the prompts for the on-line versions of Office 365 and CRM (and adding them as Trusted Sites), the on-premise version loaded.  

Bottom line - it was an IE configuration issue because of me accessing CRM through a Windows Server 2008 with Enhanced Security set.

Reply
Don DeVeux responded on 21 Oct 2014 12:53 PM
My Badges

Thanks for the reply.  It turns out it was an IE issue (see below).

Reply
Wayne Walton responded on 21 Oct 2014 3:45 PM
My Badges

Glad you got it sorted!  Thanks for coming and posting an update.  :)

Reply
Don DeVeux responded on 21 Oct 2014 12:27 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Solved my own problem (somewhat by mistake).  I was trying to access my CRM online account on the same machine that I installed the on-premise version (the one that had the problem).  In order to get that to work I had to modify the Internet Options in IE to at least prompt (or Allow) all of the scripting.  After clicking through the prompts for the on-line versions of Office 365 and CRM (and adding them as Trusted Sites), the on-premise version loaded.  

Bottom line - it was an IE configuration issue because of me accessing CRM through a Windows Server 2008 with Enhanced Security set.

Reply

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS