How to Delete Sales Dashboard and Marketing Social Dashboard in MS CRM 2013

Question Status

Verified
SIVA NARAYANA REDDY DWARAMPUDI asked a question on 5 Nov 2014 1:23 AM

Hi,

i tried to delete the Sales Dashboard and Marketing Social Dashboard from MS CRM 2013, but i could;nt.

My aim is not to show those Dashboards to users instead i created my personal Dashboards and i shared it to my security roles, so now when i try to delete the Sales Dashboard and Marketing Social Dashboard from MS CRM 2013 it is not allowing me to delete them.

So, i followed "Enable the Security Roles" and iam displaying Sales Dashboard and Marketing Social Dashboard to only few roles that iam not using in my system, but even then the Dashboards are appearing in my home page of CRM 2013.

Also Enabled for fallback is read only and could not be unchecked in Sales Dashboard or Marketing Social Dashboard.

So how can i delete the System Dashboards, so that my personal dashboards will only be shown to respective roles, otherwise Sales Dashboard or marketing Social Dashboard are being shown for all the roles.

Suggested Answer
Karthik Srinivasan responded on 5 Nov 2014 2:27 AM

Why not deactivate them if they are not in use?

SIVA NARAYANA REDDY DWARAMPUDI responded on 5 Nov 2014 3:12 AM

How do we Deactivate Dashboards....?

I tried to remove them, but even then the dashboard is appearing in Homeapage

Verified Answer
Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 5 Nov 2014 3:46 AM

Create system dashboard rather sharing personal Dashboard. You can't delete system dashboards. Enable security on the dashboard that you don't want to show to the user and uncheck all the roles to hide it from users. 

SIVA NARAYANA REDDY DWARAMPUDI responded on 5 Nov 2014 4:17 AM

Hi Chitrarasan Duraisamy,

Thank you for detailed explanation, I have unchecked all the roles...below is my screen shot

but even then the Sales Dashboard is being shown to all the users.

As you can see "Enable For fallback" is checked and it became read only...is there any connection that Sales Dashboard will be shown  untill the checkbox is unchecked....?

Please guide me in this issue.

Verified Answer
Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 5 Nov 2014 4:49 AM

You need to have atleast one system dashboard that is visible to everyone. That's the reason i mentioned create system dashboard rather sharing personal dashboard. Create new system dashboard and make that available to everyone. Then you should be able to uncheck this option

Verified Answer
Adam Vero responded on 5 Nov 2014 5:34 AM

You have two combined problems here.

At least one System Dashboard must be "enabled for fallback". This means that if a users default dashboard (set by them personally) becomes unavailable (eg a shared dashboard is unshared or deleted), or the default dashboard for an area is not available to them then the dashboard that is enabled for fallback is shown rather than present the user with an error.

You need to create your own custom system Dashboard (rather than using a personal one, although from the sound of things you have done this already - you say you have "shared it to my security roles" so this sounds to me like a system one being enable for security roles rather than a personal one being shared with users or teams).

Once you have your custom system dashboard, set this to be enabled for fallback. Once another one is enabled, you will be able to uncheck this box on the built-in ones.

The second part of the problem you have is that each "module" of CRM (Sales, Marketing, Service) has an area for Dashboards in the navigation, and each area has a default Dashboard that will be shown to users. Because you have prevented the display of the ones that are set as default out-of-the-box (the social ones), the users are getting the fallback one instead.

You need to modify the default dashboards defined in the navigation by customising the SiteMap. Use the excellent SiteMapEditor in XRM Toolbox to do this - it has an option specifically designed to do this by selecting from a list of enabled Dashboards for each area. XRM Toolbox is free and requires no installation - just unzip and use as a portable app to connect to your CRM system and modify the SiteMap directly. Of course you should ideally do this in a Development environment and then include the SiteMap in a solution that you can deploy across to Test/UAT/QA and on to production/live.

https://xrmtoolbox.codeplex.com

SIVA NARAYANA REDDY DWARAMPUDI responded on 5 Nov 2014 6:19 AM

Thanks a lot Chitrarasan Duraisamy & Adam Vero for your detailed explanation :)

Verified Answer
Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 5 Nov 2014 3:46 AM

Create system dashboard rather sharing personal Dashboard. You can't delete system dashboards. Enable security on the dashboard that you don't want to show to the user and uncheck all the roles to hide it from users. 

Verified Answer
Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 5 Nov 2014 4:49 AM

You need to have atleast one system dashboard that is visible to everyone. That's the reason i mentioned create system dashboard rather sharing personal dashboard. Create new system dashboard and make that available to everyone. Then you should be able to uncheck this option

Verified Answer
Adam Vero responded on 5 Nov 2014 5:34 AM

You have two combined problems here.

At least one System Dashboard must be "enabled for fallback". This means that if a users default dashboard (set by them personally) becomes unavailable (eg a shared dashboard is unshared or deleted), or the default dashboard for an area is not available to them then the dashboard that is enabled for fallback is shown rather than present the user with an error.

You need to create your own custom system Dashboard (rather than using a personal one, although from the sound of things you have done this already - you say you have "shared it to my security roles" so this sounds to me like a system one being enable for security roles rather than a personal one being shared with users or teams).

Once you have your custom system dashboard, set this to be enabled for fallback. Once another one is enabled, you will be able to uncheck this box on the built-in ones.

The second part of the problem you have is that each "module" of CRM (Sales, Marketing, Service) has an area for Dashboards in the navigation, and each area has a default Dashboard that will be shown to users. Because you have prevented the display of the ones that are set as default out-of-the-box (the social ones), the users are getting the fallback one instead.

You need to modify the default dashboards defined in the navigation by customising the SiteMap. Use the excellent SiteMapEditor in XRM Toolbox to do this - it has an option specifically designed to do this by selecting from a list of enabled Dashboards for each area. XRM Toolbox is free and requires no installation - just unzip and use as a portable app to connect to your CRM system and modify the SiteMap directly. Of course you should ideally do this in a Development environment and then include the SiteMap in a solution that you can deploy across to Test/UAT/QA and on to production/live.

https://xrmtoolbox.codeplex.com

Suggested Answer
Karthik Srinivasan responded on 5 Nov 2014 2:27 AM

Why not deactivate them if they are not in use?