Bundles, Quotes and Quantities

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Varinder Gill asked a question on 16 Jan 2015 5:20 AM

In Dynamics 2015, a bundle consists of a "master" and "child" products. When this bundle is added to a quote, and I change the quantity of the "master" product, the quantity of the "child" products do not change automatically. I.e. If I double the "master" quantity, shouldn't CRM also double the "child" quantities otherwise they are no longer in sync with each other.

Is there anything I can do which will make this happen?

antc responded on 10 Feb 2015 8:48 PM

In the same boat!

Have the products loading ok although as you need the related (and required) product to update quanity.

Have you had any luck with this?

Varinder Gill responded on 11 Feb 2015 7:53 AM

Through other sources, have found that Dynamics does not work that way which is a real shame. Will have to think of possible customisations/development work.

Damon (nomad) responded on 11 Feb 2015 10:01 AM

That other bad part if you change the Product in any way the Product in the Bundle does not change.

At lease for me it done not. An you can not change in info within the Bundle ie product info

Suggested Answer
Oana Nitescu responded on 11 Feb 2015 12:24 PM

Hello Varinder,

I have tested the scenario you describe. Also checked if the issue was raised with Support before.

In order to address the behavior with the product team you can :

1. raise a  ticket with CRM Technical Support

2. create an enhancement request  on https://connect.microsoft.com/

Post back the link so others can vote for it. The enhancement might be considered for introduction in a future release.

Thank you

Aileen Gusni responded on 12 Feb 2015 1:36 PM

Varinder, antc, Damon,

I have tried to customize the associated Product Quantity, but CRM Validation prevents me to customize it.

It prevents me to update the 'Required Bundle Item'

So, Varinderr, so far I try, there is no way to customize this item, including quantity. Do not spend time to customize this product line. The validation wont allow us in the end, which is actually good to have this validation if only the quantities are synced, so no way through UI or plugin.

Oana, thank you for your great response here! hopefully this can be solved.

Thank you.

Damon (nomad) responded on 12 Feb 2015 3:05 PM

I did notice that;

If you have a Product and you update it that info will be undated within your bundle.

It might be due to the major fix that CRM Tech Support did.

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 14 Feb 2015 2:50 PM

Dear all,

Following Oana's suggestion

I have submitted here:

connect.microsoft.com/.../bundle-and-invididual-product-items-quantity-are-not-synced-each-other

Thank you.

Robert McAnally responded on 17 Feb 2016 1:59 PM

Aileen:

What if the bundle item is not required?  Is there any way to sync the quantities if it is not required?

Yasser Abu Bakr responded on 10 Jul 2017 5:30 AM

Hello

I'm currently having similar issue but on CRM 2016, kindly is there solution yet?

Yasser Abu Bakr responded on 10 Jul 2017 5:45 AM

Thank you

I find the solution

community.dynamics.com/.../671669

you need to remove the following to make it works:

quoteDetail.Attributes.Remove("productid");

quoteDetail.Attributes.Remove("producttypecode");

Suggested Answer
Oana Nitescu responded on 11 Feb 2015 12:24 PM

Hello Varinder,

I have tested the scenario you describe. Also checked if the issue was raised with Support before.

In order to address the behavior with the product team you can :

1. raise a  ticket with CRM Technical Support

2. create an enhancement request  on https://connect.microsoft.com/

Post back the link so others can vote for it. The enhancement might be considered for introduction in a future release.

Thank you

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 14 Feb 2015 2:50 PM

Dear all,

Following Oana's suggestion

I have submitted here:

connect.microsoft.com/.../bundle-and-invididual-product-items-quantity-are-not-synced-each-other

Thank you.