Question Status

Verified
Nataly P. asked a question on 26 Jan 2015 4:24 AM

Hi All,

I have a problem with button Previous in Dialog. As I understand - this is standard problem for duplicate actions. In my case - duplicate record's creation.

Preventing Users from Going Back With Child Dialogs

I want to try method - "the user will be unable to hit the Previous button and go backwards."

But - how I can hide this button?

And who can offer the other variants for decision of this problem?

Verified Answer
Mahadeo Matre responded on 26 Jan 2015 6:15 AM

Hi,

You cannot hide Previous button completely..

But you can divide your  dialog into multiple dialogs.. call then  one by one.. when child dialog  called from parent. .user will not able to go back to parent.

Suppose you are creating one task,one email and one custom  entity  record using  dialog..

then create 3 different dialog..each  for unique  action like task creation, email creation and custome entity creation.

call all in one dialog as per your business  requirements.

And in adition you can create duplicate detection rules also..

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Nataly P. responded on 26 Jan 2015 7:25 AM

And how I can transfer some variables from parent dialog?

Thanks

Nataly P. responded on 26 Jan 2015 7:34 AM

I find how! Input argument in child dialog and properties for child dialog in parent dialog.

Nataly P. responded on 26 Jan 2015 9:44 AM

Thank you very much! It works.

Verified Answer
Mahadeo Matre responded on 26 Jan 2015 6:15 AM

Hi,

You cannot hide Previous button completely..

But you can divide your  dialog into multiple dialogs.. call then  one by one.. when child dialog  called from parent. .user will not able to go back to parent.

Suppose you are creating one task,one email and one custom  entity  record using  dialog..

then create 3 different dialog..each  for unique  action like task creation, email creation and custome entity creation.

call all in one dialog as per your business  requirements.

And in adition you can create duplicate detection rules also..

Hope this will help.

Thanks