Question Status

Suggested Answer
Ramakanta Behera asked a question on 27 Jan 2015 7:05 AM

Hi all,

I am creating case from email using custom dialog,i am populating my email description in my Case Description field,is there any way can i check the Email Description Length using Process condition.(since Email  Description Length is more than the Case description length wchich through error)

Suggested Answer
Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 27 Jan 2015 8:27 AM

there is no process method that returns the length of field value. You can write custom workflow or plugin to calculate the length of the description field and store it in the separate field with in email and use that field value when creating case using dialogue process.

Chitra

Suggested Answer
Mahadeo Matre responded on 27 Jan 2015 8:58 AM

Hi Ramakanta,

You can write custom workflow activity or plugin to calculate length of email description.. and create case, but in that case if your email description will be trimmed and you will loose data..

Instead of that you can  increase length of Case description field.

Case description attribute is multiple line of Text and maximum length -2000

and Email description attribute is also multiple line of text and maximum length is 1,073,741,823

Hope this will help..

Ramakanta Behera responded on 27 Jan 2015 9:27 AM

Thanks Chitrarasan/Mahadeo for your quick reply....ok i will write a plugin/custom workflow.I have also notice one thing when i map my email description to case description through process ,i am getting Text in HTML format,is there any way to get is Plain Text format.

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 27 Jan 2015 11:55 AM

it would be better if you can increase the size of case descripton field equivalent to Email Body

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

Suggested Answer
Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 27 Jan 2015 8:27 AM

there is no process method that returns the length of field value. You can write custom workflow or plugin to calculate the length of the description field and store it in the separate field with in email and use that field value when creating case using dialogue process.

Chitra

Suggested Answer
Mahadeo Matre responded on 27 Jan 2015 8:58 AM

Hi Ramakanta,

You can write custom workflow activity or plugin to calculate length of email description.. and create case, but in that case if your email description will be trimmed and you will loose data..

Instead of that you can  increase length of Case description field.

Case description attribute is multiple line of Text and maximum length -2000

and Email description attribute is also multiple line of text and maximum length is 1,073,741,823

Hope this will help..

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 27 Jan 2015 11:55 AM

it would be better if you can increase the size of case descripton field equivalent to Email Body

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.