Question Status

Verified
Brandon_P asked a question on 3 Feb 2015 6:19 PM

I need to create a new entity, and have it contain a list of products from our product list.

I have yet to figure out how to make a list possible. I can do a single reference, but I cannot figure out how to do multiples.

Any help is appreciated.

Suggested Answer
Adam Mosley responded on 3 Feb 2015 8:03 PM

I'm not quite sure what you're after so I may be off here, but I'm thinking you should be able to create the new entity, and then go to the Form Editor and create a lookup that points to products. I tested this and it works great!

Data Type: Lookup

Target Record Type: Product

Relationship Name:  this will be auto populated

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 3 Feb 2015 8:12 PM

Hi Brandon,

Step 1: Create new entity say ABC

Go to settings>>Customization>>Customize the system>>New Entity

Step 2:Create 1:N relationship (ABC: Products)

Go to settings>>Customization>>Customize the system>>Entity>>ABC>>1:N relationships>>New

Step 3: Insert a subgrid in ABC form

Go to settings>>Customization>>Customize the system>>Entity>>ABC>>Form>>Insert>>Subgrid>> products (only related)

You will now be able to see a list of products on entity ABC

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

Aileen Gusni responded on 3 Feb 2015 9:40 PM

Brandon,

What is your new entity?

Is that you want to make many to many from the custom entity, for example your custom entity is Project.

Then one Project can link to multiple Product, for example Implementation in Bank ABC, involving Product MS CRM, MS Office, MS SharePoint and for each Product also can be involved to many Projects.

This is also can be achieved by creating Manual (Intersection entity) or Native CRM N:N Relationship.

Or you want to build like 1 to Many Relationship like 1 HQ can have multiple branch, but 1 Branch can only have 1 HQ like that.

Because this info is important to build the relationship I need to ask you first.

Thank you.

Brandon_P responded on 4 Feb 2015 10:55 AM

Adam, Yes but this would be a 1:N relationship. A single product. My question is how to make it so I can do an N:N relationship, with multiple products linking to one new entity. ( At table or list of products)

Brandon_P responded on 4 Feb 2015 11:09 AM

Prashat, although that would work, a sub entity seems like the wrong approach to my database framed mind.  This should be an N:N relationship where in their is a direct link between Products and this new entity.

I know we need a key relationship table for the N:N but I would be surprised if MS Dynamics could not handle that itself.

My new entity is a Sample request:

A sales person inputs a sample request, with connections to multiple products, a single customer or contact, our service team handles said request and sends out the samples. Then marks it closed or deactivated. This I have all done, but only with a N:1 relations from sample request: Products. I need to build in an N:N system, and put in a table or something for inputting the data.

I created an N:N relationship, however I was unable to make a table for adding multiple products to a sample request in its creation form.

My root question: How do I make a table in the new entities creation form for multiple products?

Brandon_P responded on 4 Feb 2015 11:16 AM

Aileen please see my response to Prashat, I think I explain it there.

Aileen Gusni responded on 4 Feb 2015 11:37 AM

Hi Brandon,

You want like a check list?

In the sample request

Sample Request 1

Product 1

Product 2

Product 3

Then you want to have only single entry in the creation form of Sample Request 1, to link to 3 Products at once?

Brandon_P responded on 4 Feb 2015 11:48 AM

Correct!

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 4 Feb 2015 1:14 PM

Hi Brandon,

Why do you want to build N:N relation, the requirement you told can be catered  by 1:N

Can you explain by giving an example, so that I can suggest better

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

Brandon_P responded on 4 Feb 2015 1:34 PM

It may be due to a coffee withdrawing brain. because I thought it had to be N:N yesterday and am now realizing I am a fool.

Yep, 1:N would work. my in head definitions were off.

Woops.

Brandon_P responded on 4 Feb 2015 3:19 PM

But I am still unsure on how to make a table for selecting multiple products to go with my sample request.

Verified Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 4 Feb 2015 4:39 PM

Add a table/subgrid to add multiple products like below:

Go to custom entities form>>Insert>>subgrid

As soon as you select Subgrid>>system asks you to select

Click Ok and then Save & Publish

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 4 Feb 2015 4:46 PM

Click on save & publish and also do this on Internet explorer not google chrome

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Brandon_P responded on 4 Feb 2015 4:48 PM

Explorer not chrome.......... there is the missing piece.

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 5 Feb 2015 1:57 PM

Hi Brandon,

Try the following:

www.crmsoftwareblog.com/.../working-with-subgrids-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2013

sending u screenshots in a moment

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Verified Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 4 Feb 2015 4:39 PM

Add a table/subgrid to add multiple products like below:

Go to custom entities form>>Insert>>subgrid

As soon as you select Subgrid>>system asks you to select

Click Ok and then Save & Publish

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Verified Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 5 Feb 2015 2:04 PM

Hi Brandon,

Do it like this:

Click on + button

Click on new or look up more records or select from list

C

Otherway is

And add existing or new

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Suggested Answer
Adam Mosley responded on 3 Feb 2015 8:03 PM

I'm not quite sure what you're after so I may be off here, but I'm thinking you should be able to create the new entity, and then go to the Form Editor and create a lookup that points to products. I tested this and it works great!

Data Type: Lookup

Target Record Type: Product

Relationship Name:  this will be auto populated

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 3 Feb 2015 8:12 PM

Hi Brandon,

Step 1: Create new entity say ABC

Go to settings>>Customization>>Customize the system>>New Entity

Step 2:Create 1:N relationship (ABC: Products)

Go to settings>>Customization>>Customize the system>>Entity>>ABC>>1:N relationships>>New

Step 3: Insert a subgrid in ABC form

Go to settings>>Customization>>Customize the system>>Entity>>ABC>>Form>>Insert>>Subgrid>> products (only related)

You will now be able to see a list of products on entity ABC

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 4 Feb 2015 1:14 PM

Hi Brandon,

Why do you want to build N:N relation, the requirement you told can be catered  by 1:N

Can you explain by giving an example, so that I can suggest better

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 4 Feb 2015 4:46 PM

Click on save & publish and also do this on Internet explorer not google chrome

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 5 Feb 2015 1:57 PM

Hi Brandon,

Try the following:

www.crmsoftwareblog.com/.../working-with-subgrids-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2013

sending u screenshots in a moment

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 5 Feb 2015 2:10 PM

Thats what is happening with 1:N relationship; so for e.g.My salesperson1 ask for Sample Request to Customer A

Sample Request Name 1 can contain Product A + Product B + Product C

Salesperson2 asks for Sample request to Customer B

Sample Request Name 2 can contain Product A + Product B + Product C + Product D + Product E

Salesperson1 asks for sample request to Customer ABC

Sample Request name 3 can contain Product A + Product B +Product C (again)

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla