Question Status

Suggested Answer
Daniel Poschmann asked a question on 4 Feb 2015 4:16 AM

Hi!

Recently we upgraded from CRM 2011 to 2013 and now I am looking for a functionality, which I am quite sure was there in 2011: in a campaign I can distribute a campaign activity and get a number of activities of a certain type depending on the channel I selected in the campaign activity (e.g. phone call). When I now process these activities and call the potential customers, I want to track their responses in CRM using the campaign response entity. But what I am missing now is a way to directly convert the activity into a campaign response. I seem to remember that there was a button for this in CRM 2011, but I can't find this button in CRM 2013. Does anybody now abaout this?

Best regards

Daniel

Suggested Answer
Scott Durow responded on 4 Feb 2015 5:07 AM

Hi,

The 'Promote to response' button only appears in the 'Convert To' drop down on the command bar if the activity is regarding a 'campaign activity'.

Hope this helps

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

Daniel Poschmann responded on 4 Feb 2015 9:48 AM

Hi Scott,

And thanks for your response. The behavior you describe would be the way I was expecting it, but sadly it is not working: I have got an activity derived from a campaign activity and the activity is also regarding this same campaign activity, but still the only options in the 'Convert To' drop down are 'Opportunity' and 'Case'.

Can you confirm that it is working this way for you in CRM 2013?

Daniel

colkatol1 responded on 4 Feb 2015 11:46 AM

Hi Scott:

A campaign response must be associated with a parent campaign otherwise we loose data integrity.  When one of the recipients replies, CRM recognizes the response and associates it to a specific campaign activity.  Thus that email is converted to a campaign response. 

When you send out an email blast from a campaign and responses are received in the form of a business card or other communication, you can download a campaign response template and add interests to that xml (excel) worksheet, however, you still have to enter the parent campaign name in every record.  Finally you can import those records into the campaign response entity.

Regards,

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 4 Feb 2015 2:00 PM

Hi Dan,

if you have followed the process, you must be able to see it;

Procees would be create campaign activities>>Distribute it & then open them to promote to response

I didnt follwed the process in the below & I cant see it

In case you are still not able to see it, please share relevant screenshots

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

Daniel Poschmann responded on 5 Feb 2015 10:25 AM

Hi Prashant,

I think I followed the process:

I have a campaign with a campaign activity called "test lp":

I distributed this campaign activity and got a number of activities regarding it:

And in the activity I only get conversion options for opportunity and case:

Any ideas?

Regards

Daniel

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 5 Feb 2015 7:22 PM

You are following the process, I can see; in that case please raise this issue to Microsoft Support Team

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

Aileen Gusni responded on 5 Feb 2015 11:50 PM

Daniel,

Who is the owner of the distributed activity?

Daniel Poschmann responded on 6 Feb 2015 3:40 AM

Hi Aileen,

I took ownership of the activity, but that does not change anything. Originally the owner was the same user that the call was assigned to (call by).

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 6 Feb 2015 4:01 AM

Dan,

Understand. I have read some posts before about this and this happened, one of the caused by the Activity is not from Campaign (which is definitely it was not your situation since you distribute the Activity yourself) and the ownership of the Activity is not under the person who execute the Convert To.

Okay, one more thing to check is there is nothing better than check the Ribbon Display Rule and Enable Rule.

Example here is the standard rule

Have you checked? Maybe you have additional custom rule?

And also can you help to create the campaign response manually but from the Activity,

to achieve, open the Campaign Response form editor then you put the Original Activity field here to the form

Now here is in the Actual Form.

In my case, I can promote to response so that I can see the originating activity here.

So in your case, can you help to create new Campaign Response then choose the Originating Activity to the Distributed Activity you create from your campaign activity test lp or just refer to 'Anruf reaktivierung kunde' your activities.

Just want to see whether you can create it manually or not.

This is for the investigation first I hope this can make some lead.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Daniel Poschmann responded on 6 Feb 2015 6:38 AM

Aileen,

Manually I can create an campaign response and link it to the campaign activity and an originating activity:

In the ribbon editor I do not see any display rules or enable rules in either activity, campaign activity, campaign response, phone call or any other activity type entity.

Aileen Gusni responded on 6 Feb 2015 6:57 AM

Daniel,

What editor you are using?

Try to use like mine, Ribbon Workbench and click the button, right click, customize command first.

RibbonWorkbench:ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/.../80806-download-ribbon-workbench-for-crm-2011-2013-2015

Daniel Poschmann responded on 6 Feb 2015 7:50 AM

Aileen,

I used RibbonWorkbench and now I can see the rules. It seems to look the same as for you:

Daniel Poschmann responded on 9 Feb 2015 3:00 AM

In another forum I got the hint that 'Promote to Response' is not possible for phone calls in CRM 2013. I tested with channel letter and there it worked. Could this be true? I can't think of a logical reason why not to convert a phone call.

Any ideas?

Aileen Gusni responded on 9 Feb 2015 3:25 AM

Hi Dan,

I am curious about that, then I try, I can promote the distributed campaign activity even though the channel is Phone Call.

In your case, you have tried using Email and letter and they work?

Only phone call that is not working well?

Daniel Poschmann responded on 9 Feb 2015 5:32 AM

Hi Aileen,

Ok, that is what I would expect. But it is still strange that it is working for letter and not for phone call in my system. Maybe I have to take a deeper look into this display / enable rules...

Suggested Answer
Scott Durow responded on 4 Feb 2015 5:07 AM

Hi,

The 'Promote to response' button only appears in the 'Convert To' drop down on the command bar if the activity is regarding a 'campaign activity'.

Hope this helps

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 4 Feb 2015 2:00 PM

Hi Dan,

if you have followed the process, you must be able to see it;

Procees would be create campaign activities>>Distribute it & then open them to promote to response

I didnt follwed the process in the below & I cant see it

In case you are still not able to see it, please share relevant screenshots

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 5 Feb 2015 7:22 PM

You are following the process, I can see; in that case please raise this issue to Microsoft Support Team

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 6 Feb 2015 4:01 AM

Dan,

Understand. I have read some posts before about this and this happened, one of the caused by the Activity is not from Campaign (which is definitely it was not your situation since you distribute the Activity yourself) and the ownership of the Activity is not under the person who execute the Convert To.

Okay, one more thing to check is there is nothing better than check the Ribbon Display Rule and Enable Rule.

Example here is the standard rule

Have you checked? Maybe you have additional custom rule?

And also can you help to create the campaign response manually but from the Activity,

to achieve, open the Campaign Response form editor then you put the Original Activity field here to the form

Now here is in the Actual Form.

In my case, I can promote to response so that I can see the originating activity here.

So in your case, can you help to create new Campaign Response then choose the Originating Activity to the Distributed Activity you create from your campaign activity test lp or just refer to 'Anruf reaktivierung kunde' your activities.

Just want to see whether you can create it manually or not.

This is for the investigation first I hope this can make some lead.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.