Question Status

Verified
Daniel Curran asked a question on 26 Feb 2015 9:45 AM

Hello All,

I've run into a problem when setting up the CRM for the Service Department. They want to be able to make it so users that are not the owner can not go into a Case and delete Tasks associated with that specific Case.

I looked into security roles but I didn't see Tasks as something you can set privileges for. The only solution I've come up with so far is to remove the delete button from the ribbon but I foresee that being a problem if the Owner wants to delete a Task themselves. 

Does anyone know of another way to make this possible?

Suggested Answer
Guido Preite responded on 26 Feb 2015 9:53 AM

can't check right now if Task has a separate row inside the security role settings or it belongs to the Activity row, but in the second case you can create a synchronous plugin that will stop the delete if the user is not the task's owner

Verified Answer
Joe Gill responded on 26 Feb 2015 9:57 AM

www.joegill.com     @joegilldotcom

Verified Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 26 Feb 2015 10:00 AM

Hi Daniel,

You can achieve this using Security Roles.

Give User Level Privilege for Create and Read to Case Entity. This will not allow any users to read the case which does not belong to that person (meaning that he is not the owner).

Once this is achieved, the users cannot delete the Task Associated to the Case Record since they cannot go into the Case Record.

Thanks

Verified Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 26 Feb 2015 10:26 AM

Daniel,

Task is a part of Activity and it is controlled by Activity Security Role

If you want to turn of the delete for Task, you need to revoke the Delete privilege in the Activity Entity.

Reference here:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg334811.aspx

"The Task entity uses the same privileges as all activity entities. For more information see ActivityPointer (activity) entity privileges."

But, remember, the user assigned to this role will not be able to delete another activity type.

Other way, you can using display rule for the Delete ribbon on the Task entity, not totally hide it or creating a plugin to validate it by specific case.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Daniel Curran responded on 26 Feb 2015 10:31 AM

Thanks for the quick responses everyone, it helped me out a lot.

Verified Answer
Joe Gill responded on 26 Feb 2015 9:57 AM

www.joegill.com     @joegilldotcom

Verified Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 26 Feb 2015 10:00 AM

Hi Daniel,

You can achieve this using Security Roles.

Give User Level Privilege for Create and Read to Case Entity. This will not allow any users to read the case which does not belong to that person (meaning that he is not the owner).

Once this is achieved, the users cannot delete the Task Associated to the Case Record since they cannot go into the Case Record.

Thanks

Verified Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 26 Feb 2015 10:26 AM

Daniel,

Task is a part of Activity and it is controlled by Activity Security Role

If you want to turn of the delete for Task, you need to revoke the Delete privilege in the Activity Entity.

Reference here:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg334811.aspx

"The Task entity uses the same privileges as all activity entities. For more information see ActivityPointer (activity) entity privileges."

But, remember, the user assigned to this role will not be able to delete another activity type.

Other way, you can using display rule for the Delete ribbon on the Task entity, not totally hide it or creating a plugin to validate it by specific case.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Suggested Answer
Guido Preite responded on 26 Feb 2015 9:53 AM

can't check right now if Task has a separate row inside the security role settings or it belongs to the Activity row, but in the second case you can create a synchronous plugin that will stop the delete if the user is not the task's owner