Question Status

Suggested Answer
Michael Starling asked a question on 2 Mar 2015 6:56 AM

I want to find a way where is it easy for a CRM User to see both who the Owner of a Contact Record is but who the record has been shared with.  Does anybody have any ideas?

Aileen Gusni responded on 2 Mar 2015 7:24 AM

Michael,

If for each record, you can see through share records.

Then will see

If you are using CRM OnPremise you can see the principalobjectaccess table..

You can also see this in order to create the report:

community.dynamics.com/.../ms-crm-2011-sharing-summary-report.aspx

For the owner you can just simply see through the Owner field, can be put in to the form or in the view.

For form, example:

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Adam Vero responded on 2 Mar 2015 8:11 AM

You can't query on normal shares in any way to show a sub-grid on a form, for example. You might be able to use a report and embed it, but it seems like overkill to me.

Ideally: Upgrade to 2013 and use Access Teams to share records.

Hope this helps. Adam Vero, MVP, MCT, MCTS:CRM 4.0, 2011, 2013

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 2 Mar 2015 8:13 AM

Hi Michael,

You have two questions here

1. How can I see the Owner of the Contact Record.

Open the Contact Record >> Search for "Owner" Field

It may happen that the Display Name of the Owner Field may have been changed to something else.

In case you do not find the Owner Field

Go to your Contact Design Form through customization area (ie Settings >> Customizations >> Customize the System >> Contact >> Form >> Contact >> Look for "Owner" Field

This will give you an idea of what the Display Name has been changed to.

2. How can I see with whom the Record has been shared.

Open the Contact Record >> Click on the Ellipses >> Look for "Share" button

When you click "Share" button, a Pop Up will display which will show the names of the Users or Teams with whom the record has been shared. This will also show the privileges which has been assigned to them.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Michael Starling responded on 2 Mar 2015 8:24 AM

Thanks.  I know that method but I was looking for something simpler.  Most of our users will not look in the ribbon and if they did would not understand the Share window that pops up, especially all the privileges.  Is there any way to hide all those privileges?

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 2 Mar 2015 9:52 AM

You cannot Hide the Privileges in the Share Window.

If you want to achieve this, you will have to revoke the Privilege from their Security Role on Contact from the Share Privilege

Once you revoke this Privilege, the users will not be able to see Share Button, and will not be able to share the Contact Record

Hope that helps

Thanks

Aileen Gusni responded on 2 Mar 2015 10:16 AM

Michael,

No there is no way..

They are in the same security control, share..

With share then divided into share Read, Write, etc...

You cannot hide all those privileges unless you revoke the Share privilege in the entity security role at all.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 2 Mar 2015 8:13 AM

Hi Michael,

You have two questions here

1. How can I see the Owner of the Contact Record.

Open the Contact Record >> Search for "Owner" Field

It may happen that the Display Name of the Owner Field may have been changed to something else.

In case you do not find the Owner Field

Go to your Contact Design Form through customization area (ie Settings >> Customizations >> Customize the System >> Contact >> Form >> Contact >> Look for "Owner" Field

This will give you an idea of what the Display Name has been changed to.

2. How can I see with whom the Record has been shared.

Open the Contact Record >> Click on the Ellipses >> Look for "Share" button

When you click "Share" button, a Pop Up will display which will show the names of the Users or Teams with whom the record has been shared. This will also show the privileges which has been assigned to them.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 2 Mar 2015 9:52 AM

You cannot Hide the Privileges in the Share Window.

If you want to achieve this, you will have to revoke the Privilege from their Security Role on Contact from the Share Privilege

Once you revoke this Privilege, the users will not be able to see Share Button, and will not be able to share the Contact Record

Hope that helps

Thanks