Question Status

Unanswered
ktlDVora asked a question on 9 Mar 2015 3:07 PM

Can we make the CRM Product entity ownership change to Team/User instead of the Organization? I know through the UI we can't make this change and deleting and re-creating this entity is not an option. Is there any way we can do this using the SDK, or being an ISV can we make this change in the metadata?

Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 9 Mar 2015 3:18 PM

You can convert organization owned to User or team for Product entity.Product entity is a system entity and there is no possibility to convert this into user or team owned entity. Your best option is to go with custom entity but product entity has lot functionality that is built into it , implementing all those functionality with custom code may be very complex.

Why do you want to convert product entity to tram or User owned ?  Product should be be organization specific , i never come across any situation where product owned by team or user.

Chitra

ktlDVora responded on 9 Mar 2015 4:18 PM

The nature of this business is such, they would like to hide customer specific products and prevent salespeople viewing the complete range

Damon (nomad) responded on 9 Mar 2015 4:52 PM

Hello ktlDVora:

Not sure if this will help you or not.

You can make a new  CRM Product and then Enable Security Role ie Sales, Sales Manager, Engineer, Delegate and so on...

So in away this is allowing certain User or teams to see different Product Entity.

Thanks

_damon

Aileen Gusni responded on 9 Mar 2015 10:04 PM

Hi Dvora,

The Product ownership in CRM is Organization not Team/User...

I know it is not working for some business...

You cannot change its behavior.

Not only Product, like Price List is also owned by Organization.

Anyway, you can just play around with the View, in fact the users can see but you hide using view or hide some important fields.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.