Question Status

Suggested Answer
kandarp parikh asked a question on 12 Mar 2015 3:41 AM

Hi,

I have created one chart by mapping top 10 opportunityid with EstimatedValue.

When i looked into the estimatedvalue in the chart.It is dispalying the value for  EstimatedValue_Base  instead of EstimatedValue. Does it the crm 2013 inbuilt issue?

e.x. for opportunityid 1 it is displaying the value 10 instead of showing the value 100.

Here 10 is the value for  EstimatedValue_Base  and 100 is the value for EstimatedValue

Thanks,

Kandarp

Mahendar Pal MVP responded on 12 Mar 2015 3:55 AM

Hi,

There is no such inbuilt issue, chart will show data based on the field selected, so make sure you are using correct fields. Also there is existing opportunity chart called Top Opportunities are you able to see correct values there ??

Need help in CRM Contact US | Our Blog | Follow US | Like our Facebook Page | Our Book

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

kandarp parikh responded on 12 Mar 2015 5:13 AM

I have not selected the wrong field in the dashboard. it displays EstimatedValue.But, the value is for EstimatedValue_Base.

Can we change the fields auto populated in the Entity dropdown while selecting the filed while making the Chart?

Thanks,

Kandarp

Suggested Answer
Mahendar Pal MVP responded on 12 Mar 2015 5:23 AM

Hello,

What value you can see in currency and currency_base field is dependent of the currency setup and exchange rate.

You can refer: www.crmsoftwareblog.com/.../dynamics-crm-multi-currency-how-does-it-work  for more information on currency setup.

Field list is based on the entity selected for creating chart, you can't control list of the fields from chart definition.

Need help in CRM Contact US | Our Blog | Follow US | Like our Facebook Page | Our Book

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

kandarp parikh responded on 12 Mar 2015 5:34 AM

That is fine but, i'm facing the original issue posted.

Adam Vero responded on 12 Mar 2015 5:55 PM

Charts aggregate currencies from the base values, and then convert these back into the viewing user's currency.

Scenario: You use USD as base currency. You record some Opps in USD, some in GBP and some in Yen

You chart the EstimatedValue (or so you think, from the UI and chart XML).

A user who uses USD as their currency (in personal options) will see all the opps totalled together in USD, which also happens to be the base currency, so there is no obvious conversion back to their own currency. Sounds like what you are seeing.

A user who uses GBP as their currency will see them all totalled in GBP. Note that this takes the base values, adds them up, then converts them to GBP. An opp that was originally £100GBP and was converted to $125 USD at the time it was last edited, might now be converted back to £95 GBP because the exchange rate has changed since then.

While this might not be ideal, I have never seen a good proposal of a better system for this - if you want to add grapes to grapefruits, you have to find a common denominator somewhere first.

I get that if you are only charting one opportunity per data point (eg top 10 opps) then there is no real aggregation going on, but you would be asking it to somehow rank them (on a common value such as base currency), then display different values against them (in original currency) - but how do those values relate to the value axis? You could also have odd effects that an opp entered as £100 GBP last week might show up as lower in the ranking than one entered as £99 GBP today, if the exchange rates had slipped so they were worth $125 and $126 respectively.

Also, if a user has set their preferences to see things in USD or in Yen, why would they want to see values in GBP, for which they have no 'gut feeling'? Surely, showing things converted to their preferred display currency is exactly the right thing to do.

Hope this helps. Adam Vero, MVP, MCT, MCTS:CRM 4.0, 2011, 2013

Suggested Answer
Mahendar Pal MVP responded on 12 Mar 2015 5:23 AM

Hello,

What value you can see in currency and currency_base field is dependent of the currency setup and exchange rate.

You can refer: www.crmsoftwareblog.com/.../dynamics-crm-multi-currency-how-does-it-work  for more information on currency setup.

Field list is based on the entity selected for creating chart, you can't control list of the fields from chart definition.