Change the stage of Business process flow upon workflow

Question Status

Verified
Kevin Rulloda asked a question on 13 Mar 2015 1:30 AM

My client wants to have this kind of function that sets the stage of business process flow to specific stage depending on the status of the entity(Opportunity).

Ex. An opportunity with the status reason of "In progress" and BPF stage of "Qualify". When the client change the status reason to "Won" and it should also change the current flag of BPF to "Close".

I saw this post https://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2014/04/21/executing-workflow-upon-change-business-process-flow-stage-dynamics-crm/ this gives me a little hint but this is for bpf to workflow

Verified Answer
Mahender responded on 13 Mar 2015 2:53 AM

Hello,

Did you check this: develop1.net/public/post/How-to-change-process-and-stage-programmatically.aspx

Suggested Answer
Kevin Rulloda responded on 13 Mar 2015 3:02 AM

Thanks for this post. this answer my question

Thanks again! :)

Mahender responded on 13 Mar 2015 3:08 AM

You are welcome !!

I will appreciate if can close this thread, so that it can help others as well. Thanks.

Stephen Weber responded on 15 Apr 2015 12:26 PM

I am having the same issue.   When updating the Opportunity, there is a field called "Sales Stage" with values that coincide with the "Process Stage" but the "Process Stage" field is not there.

FYI, We will be contacting our CRM partner to get this resolved.

Stephen Weber responded on 15 Apr 2015 12:29 PM

Just saw the link above: develop1.net/public/post/How-to-change-process-and-stage-programmatically.aspx

This does it.   Thanks!

Lorenz responded on 15 Dec 2015 6:44 AM

The proposed solution to change it programmatically doesn't seem to work in CRM 2015. We used this solution before upgrading to 2015, this works in CRM 2013, not in CRM 2015.

Are there other alternatives than using javascript?

Verified Answer
Mahender responded on 13 Mar 2015 2:53 AM

Hello,

Did you check this: develop1.net/public/post/How-to-change-process-and-stage-programmatically.aspx

Suggested Answer
Kevin Rulloda responded on 13 Mar 2015 3:02 AM

Thanks for this post. this answer my question

Thanks again! :)