Question Status

Verified
Robert McAnally asked a question on 13 Mar 2015 9:03 AM

I have a few questions on uninstalling a solution, as this is my first time to have such serious issues on an uninstall.

I have a list of all of the dependencies, but when it lists Forms that are dependent and the field is not on that form, how do you get around this?  In other words, I cannot delete the field because it has dependent components...a Report and 4 Forms, but this field is not on any of these forms.

Also, I see a dependency to a Report, but there is no Report by that name listed (under View = All); is there somewhere else I need to check?

Finally, I have some relationships including these fields, but I cannot delete the mappings applicable to the field I need to delete; is there an answer for this?

Rob McAnally
CRM Administrator

BizNet Software, Inc.

www.biznetsoftware.com

HIMBAP responded on 13 Mar 2015 9:27 AM

Are you trying to uninstall (delete) un-managed solution ?? if yes, then you need to manually remove all the dependent component first only then you will be able to delete it because of the dependency check. If you are getting any error while deleting your component, check for the error details, you could also share it here.

Need help in CRM Contact US | Our Blog | Follow US | Like our Facebook Page | Our Book

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

Robert McAnally responded on 13 Mar 2015 9:54 AM

Mahendar:

This is a managed solution.

Rob McAnally
CRM Administrator

BizNet Software, Inc.

www.biznetsoftware.com

HIMBAP responded on 13 Mar 2015 11:04 AM

Managed components should remove their dependent components automatically, but it may be there is some changes done using managed solution components.

You should be able to see your report name under All reports including subreports. Are you getting any error while trying to delete mapping, if yes can you share it here so that someone can check ??

Need help in CRM Contact US | Our Blog | Follow US | Like our Facebook Page | Our Book

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

Robert McAnally responded on 13 Mar 2015 11:10 AM

Mahendar:

In the Relationship above, I cannot delete the first mapping (I am guessing because contactid is a primary field)

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #E5B85995Detail:

<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance&quot; xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts&quot;>

<ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>

<ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic&quot; />

<Message>System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #E5B85995</Message>

<Timestamp>2015-03-13T16:09:09.2287214Z</Timestamp>

<InnerFault>

<ErrorCode>-2147196411</ErrorCode>

<ErrorDetails xmlns:d3p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic&quot; />

<Message>Cannot create or delete a system AttributeMap.</Message>

<Timestamp>2015-03-13T16:09:09.2287214Z</Timestamp>

<InnerFault i:nil="true" />

<TraceText i:nil="true" />

</InnerFault>

<TraceText i:nil="true" />

</OrganizationServiceFault>

How do I eliminate this first mapping so I can remove the managed solution?

Rob McAnally
CRM Administrator

BizNet Software, Inc.

www.biznetsoftware.com

Verified Answer
HIMBAP responded on 13 Mar 2015 11:13 AM

You can't remove primary mapping because it is result of the relationship, it is created by system, so for that you have to remove relationship between these entities and mapping will be deleted by system.

Robert McAnally responded on 13 Mar 2015 12:38 PM

Mahendar:

I am seeing now that the uninstalling of a managed solution seems to be, if not impossible, highly unlikely or damaging to other areas.  It seems that you are not able to really delete the attributes, relationships, entities, etc. of that solution.  I think we will have to simply depreciate the parts and let them remain.

But to another point:  this solution (or at least this version) is not compatible with 2015, so this was the reason for the need for this uninstall in the first place.

Rob McAnally
CRM Administrator

BizNet Software, Inc.

www.biznetsoftware.com

Verified Answer
HIMBAP responded on 13 Mar 2015 11:13 AM

You can't remove primary mapping because it is result of the relationship, it is created by system, so for that you have to remove relationship between these entities and mapping will be deleted by system.