Question Status

Suggested Answer
Milan Pincar asked a question on 19 Mar 2015 10:06 AM

Hi,

Im a bit confused here, I have created a 1:N relationship and I want to show all child entities I added a subgrid to form but I cant set Associated view as default view its not at all in the options, but when I click right on the button "see all associated records" there is my associated view by default.

Is this a new ms crm 2015 feature ?

I have created simply public view with the same columns but then its visible on the entity which is not nice

Thanks for any help

Aileen Gusni responded on 22 Mar 2015 4:22 AM

Hi Milan,

You mean the records you see in the subgrid is different with associated view?

I think you can only set the public view as the default view, not other view and associated view is considered as 'other view' so that you cant use it.

Thanks.

Shailaja Mahajan responded on 22 Mar 2015 6:09 PM

Hello Milan,

A View is a type of saved query that is used to locate and display many records in a single list. The results of each View query are presented to the user in a grid.  When you add a new entity, the system creates several default Views for you. However, you can customize those Views, as well as add additional custom Views. There are three primary types of views: public, system, and personal. Only the public and system views can be customized using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM customization tools or by changing the coding (design change request, if it will be critical to your business).

Public views: These are the views that are provided with the application, as well as custom views an organization creates. For each entity, you can define one of its public views as the default view for that entity. The default view is displayed when a user selects that entity in the navigation pane of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

System views: There are four additional system-defined views for each entity. These System views are used in unique situations within the application:

•Associated view

•Advanced Find view

•Lookup view

•Quick Find view

Personal views: Each user can create queries using the Advanced Find tool. These can be "one-time" queries that the user does not save, or they can be saved as one of the user's personal views. Saving an Advanced Find query as a personal view allows the user to access the view at any time in the future.

As I have mentioned above to modify system view (Associated view) it can be possible through, Microsoft Dynamics CRM customization tools or by changing the coding (design change request, if it will be critical to your business).

Thank you.

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 22 Mar 2015 11:32 PM

Hi Mino,

I guess you are talking about this in the Sub Grid Properties window

1. Sub Grid Properties on Account Form for Contact

2. On the Account Form to see the Associated View

3. Opens the Associated View of that entity (in this case Contact)

Note: Above screen taken from Account's Contact Sub Grid

When you add any Contacts from the Account page, it will be linked to the Account and will be shown on the View (whatever selected) and the Associated View.

You cannot default any view other than Public View in the Sub Grid. Entities can have only one Associated View and multiple Public View. This Public View will contain the Criteria which will help you filter the records, but they will always contain the records which are associated to that Entity where the Sub Grid is placed.

Hope that make sense

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 22 Mar 2015 11:32 PM

Hi Mino,

I guess you are talking about this in the Sub Grid Properties window

1. Sub Grid Properties on Account Form for Contact

2. On the Account Form to see the Associated View

3. Opens the Associated View of that entity (in this case Contact)

Note: Above screen taken from Account's Contact Sub Grid

When you add any Contacts from the Account page, it will be linked to the Account and will be shown on the View (whatever selected) and the Associated View.

You cannot default any view other than Public View in the Sub Grid. Entities can have only one Associated View and multiple Public View. This Public View will contain the Criteria which will help you filter the records, but they will always contain the records which are associated to that Entity where the Sub Grid is placed.

Hope that make sense

Thanks