Group of occasional CRM users only need access to 1 form but HOW?

Question Status

Verified
Alcione asked a question on 23 Apr 2015 5:45 PM

I have a group of users who, when required, need to log in to the CRM and only see 1 maybe 2 forms. These forms will not look like my normal user forms so I need to design them.

What will be the process to restrict what they will see and for access the form(s) I design for them. For the sake of this enquiry, lets say they will need to see some fields from Contacts and be able to create an activity. They must not be able to see activities other than their own.

Appreciate your comments. Thank you

Regards

Verified Answer
mscrmba responded on 23 Apr 2015 6:02 PM

Security Roles are your friend.  

Create a new security role that you will assign to these people (suggest you do this by copying one of the OOTB roles (Settings>Administration>Security Roles>More Actions>Copy Role) and then modifying it to remove functionality that person does not need).

You can restrict so that people can only see their own activities.

You can create a form view that only shows certain fields in Contact that they use.

You can stop them doing almost everything else if you need to

I would recommend that you create a dashboard for these users (to help them) that includes a list view of contacts and a list view of activities (and anything else that will help them/they need to see).

To ensure they see the form you have designed for them (and no others):

www.microsoft.com/.../assign-security-roles-to-form.aspx

If necessary you can put restrictions on Contact fields or advanced find functionality (to stop people seeing Contact data they shouldn't from anywhere in the system)

community.dynamics.com/.../66309

Alcione responded on 23 Apr 2015 6:18 PM

Thank you mscrmba!

This will get me started. Appreciate you taking the time.

Regards

Verified Answer
mscrmba responded on 23 Apr 2015 6:02 PM

Security Roles are your friend.  

Create a new security role that you will assign to these people (suggest you do this by copying one of the OOTB roles (Settings>Administration>Security Roles>More Actions>Copy Role) and then modifying it to remove functionality that person does not need).

You can restrict so that people can only see their own activities.

You can create a form view that only shows certain fields in Contact that they use.

You can stop them doing almost everything else if you need to

I would recommend that you create a dashboard for these users (to help them) that includes a list view of contacts and a list view of activities (and anything else that will help them/they need to see).

To ensure they see the form you have designed for them (and no others):

www.microsoft.com/.../assign-security-roles-to-form.aspx

If necessary you can put restrictions on Contact fields or advanced find functionality (to stop people seeing Contact data they shouldn't from anywhere in the system)

community.dynamics.com/.../66309