SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Generic SQL Error on create of contact in dynamics CRM2011

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Mohsin Ali asked a question on 21 Oct 2015 4:40 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I am facing SQL Server Generic Error only when creating a new contact. I've unregistered all plugins and deactivated all workflows for the contact entity and also there is nothing at the on save event of the contact entity in MS Dynamics CRM. Even I've System Administrator rights. Also, I've restarted all async services and even IIS. But still I am facing SQL Server Generic error. Here in the following is the log file of the error.

and here in the following are the details of this problem:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Generic SQL error.Detail: 
<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts">
  <ErrorCode>-2147204784</ErrorCode>
  <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic" />
  <Message>Generic SQL error.</Message>
  <Timestamp>2015-10-21T08:35:59.5768434Z</Timestamp>
  <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
  <TraceText i:nil="true" />
</OrganizationServiceFault>
I've following details from tracing service.

<CrmScriptErrorReport>
      <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>
      <ScriptErrorDetails>
       <Message>TypeError: errInfo is undefined</Message>
       <Line>153</Line>
       <URL>/_common/error/dlg_error.aspx?hresult=0x80044150</URL>
       <PageURL>/_common/error/dlg_error.aspx?hresult=0x80044150</PageURL>
       <Function>anonymousr:errInfoisundefined</Function>
       <CallStack>
        <Function>anonymousr:errInfoisundefined</Function>
       </CallStack>
      </ScriptErrorDetails>
      <ClientInformation>
       <BrowserUserAgent>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0</BrowserUserAgent>
       <BrowserLanguage>undefined</BrowserLanguage>
       <SystemLanguage>undefined</SystemLanguage>
       <UserLanguage>undefined</UserLanguage>
       <ScreenResolution>1600x900</ScreenResolution>
       <ClientName>Web</ClientName>
       <ClientTime>2015-10-21T15:00:18</ClientTime>
      </ClientInformation>
      <ServerInformation>
        <OrgLanguage>1033</OrgLanguage>
        <OrgCulture>1033</OrgCulture>
        <UserLanguage>1033</UserLanguage>
        <UserCulture>1033</UserCulture>
        <OrgID>{A7828227-4AF8-4F75-9183-19CD2FA04DE7}</OrgID>
        <UserID>{0A660BC8-F423-E511-8AA3-005056B04ACD}</UserID>
        <CRMVersion>5.0.9690.3448</CRMVersion>
      </ServerInformation>
    </CrmScriptErrorReport>
Aiden Kaskela (MVP) responded on 21 Oct 2015 5:36 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Mohsin,

You already ruled out all the usual suspects, the next diagnostic step would be to get the CRM diagnostic tool so you can turn on tracing. It's an awesome tool that logs everything going on in CRM so you can get more information and a stack trace for your error.

Thanks,

Aiden

Arpita Saini responded on 21 Oct 2015 7:17 AM
My Badges

Please collect platform traces while generating this error and then send us the error message. This will exactly tell the issue.

Make sure you are not seeing any deadlock errors in SQL server event viewer

Do you see this SQL generic error in any other entity ?

Morne Wolfaardt responded on 21 Oct 2015 7:20 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can check in the event log, and also enable tracing in CRM. The tracing will provide you with all the events and exceptions that happens

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh699694.aspx

Mohsin Ali responded on 21 Oct 2015 7:21 AM
My Badges

no, this only happen to contacts

Mohsin Ali responded on 21 Oct 2015 7:32 AM
My Badges

Finally, I've the logging details of the error above. Please have a look.

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Generic SQL error.Detail:

<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance&quot; xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts&quot;>

<ErrorCode>-2147204784</ErrorCode>

<ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic&quot;>

<KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>

<d2p1:key>CallStack</d2p1:key>

<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema&quot; i:type="d4p1:string">   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.VersionedPluginProxyStepBase.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.Pipeline.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.MessageProcessor.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ExternalMessageDispatcher.ExecuteInternal(IInProcessOrganizationServiceFactory serviceFactory, IPlatformMessageDispatcherFactory dispatcherFactory, String messageName, String requestName, Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, ParameterCollection fields, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId, Guid transactionContextId, Int32 invocationSource, Nullable`1 requestId, Version endpointVersion)

at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ExecuteRequest(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, UserAuth userAuth, Guid targetUserId, Boolean traceRequest, OrganizationContext context, Boolean returnResponse)

at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ExecuteRequest(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType)

at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType)</d2p1:value>

</KeyValuePairOfstringanyType>

</ErrorDetails>

<Message>Generic SQL error.</Message>

<Timestamp>2015-10-21T12:23:26.1555718Z</Timestamp>

<InnerFault i:nil="true" />

<TraceText i:nil="true" />

</OrganizationServiceFault>

Mohsin Ali responded on 21 Oct 2015 8:17 AM
My Badges

Hi Aiden, Thank you. CRM Diagnostic tool helps me to through to the cause of the problem. And along with this Dynamics CRM Trace Reader was a blessing.

Tobias Haackmann responded on 16 Dec 2016 9:04 AM

Hi, 

what was your exact problem and how did you solve it?

We have the same behaviour in CRM 2016.

Thanks a lot.

Tobias

Mourad BEN SAID responded on 17 Feb 2017 9:23 AM

Hi Mohsin

i have the same problem how did you solve it please ?

Hamid Reza Zeinali responded on 15 Aug 2018 10:14 PM

How did you solve this problem ?

Hamid Reza Zeinali responded on 15 Aug 2018 10:14 PM

Could you solve Problem ?

Aiden Kaskela (MVP) responded on 21 Oct 2015 5:36 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Mohsin,

You already ruled out all the usual suspects, the next diagnostic step would be to get the CRM diagnostic tool so you can turn on tracing. It's an awesome tool that logs everything going on in CRM so you can get more information and a stack trace for your error.

Thanks,

Aiden

Morne Wolfaardt responded on 21 Oct 2015 7:20 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can check in the event log, and also enable tracing in CRM. The tracing will provide you with all the events and exceptions that happens

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh699694.aspx

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS