You can't track an appointment that was created by another user

Question Status

Suggested Answer
sarababu asked a question on 11 Jul 2016 7:20 AM

Hi All,

I am getting the error messages  as "You can’t track an appointment that was created by another user" while tracking the meeting request come from out side of the CRM user.  I am using CRM 2015 online version

are these below mentioned statements true?

1. Owner of the meeting request should track the record.The owner is the person who created it.

2. We cannot track the meeting request since you did not generate the meeting .

3.  The person who sent it need to track it.

Please clarifying me. if possible to track the request please help me to solve the issue.

Thank you.

Gagandeep Singh responded on 12 Jul 2016 7:37 AM

Check this thread: community.dynamics.com/.../535047

Suggested Answer
Sandeep Mishra responded on 12 Jul 2016 9:56 AM

Please checkout given link

www.microsoft.com/.../track-outlook-appointments-in-crm-for-outlook.aspx

Gagandeep Singh responded on 13 Jul 2016 1:04 AM

Hi Sandeep,

This is the ideal scenario however, in my case what I'm facing is that we have configured user mailboxes with server side sync for emails and appointments both. We are using CRM 2016 Online Update 1. When we test and enable the mailboxes, all show success (incoming email, outgoing email and appointments, contacts and tasks).

Now when a person from outside the organization sends us a meeting request and we want to track the appointment in CRM, it gives the error "You can't track an appointment that was created by another user". If you read Microsoft article it says this should not be the case. So what am I missing?

Any suggestions?

sarababu responded on 19 Jul 2016 9:02 AM

Please confirm that can "track an appointment that was created by another user" by using OOB feature. if possible kindly provide the steps to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Michael Mittermair responded on 28 Apr 2017 12:03 AM

Are there any solutions? I have the same issue and Microsoft tries to find the error, but they don't get this error message with server-side-sync.

Suggested Answer
Sandeep Mishra responded on 12 Jul 2016 9:56 AM

Please checkout given link

www.microsoft.com/.../track-outlook-appointments-in-crm-for-outlook.aspx