SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Adding View of "Description of Lost Opportunity" in the View of Lost Opportunities

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

EWBrown asked a question on 24 Aug 2016 1:06 PM

Question Status

Verified

We have no problem viewing "Lost Opportunities" displaying various views and status; however, in trying to see in this view the reason is more challenging. We are entering the reason in the actual form at the time of Close as Lost, but we would like for this to also display in the view to have a quick reference and understand right away.

Wayne Walton responded on 24 Aug 2016 1:26 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

So it's actually on the Opportunity Close entity, which means you can't get it in the same view.  You can either look at the Opportunity Close entity, or you can add a field to the Opportunity called Loss Reason, and then add a workflow that publishes what you put in the Opp Close page to the Loss Reason field you just made.  

The latter would be pretty straightforward to set up, and give you the view you want.

Saroj Das responded on 24 Aug 2016 1:43 PM
My Badges

Hi,

Do you want the Reason field to be displayed in View like the below?

If yes, then please go to your solution and customize the Lost Opportunity view and add the column to your view and publish the customization.

If i failed to understand your requirement, please explain little more of your requirement.

Thanks,

Saroj

EWBrown responded on 24 Aug 2016 1:59 PM

The latter worked perfectly... Thank you very much for this solution!!

Saroj Das responded on 24 Aug 2016 2:02 PM
My Badges

Hi,

Please Mark my answer verified if my answer helped you.

Thanks,

Saroj

Trentski Rush responded on 22 Apr 2019 11:51 AM
My Badges

I am newbie to creating workflows in Dynamics.  I have the new field set up in Opportunity, but would like a little help on how to set up the workflow to get the opportunity close information "description" to populate in the new field I set up.

Thanks

Wayne Walton responded on 24 Aug 2016 1:26 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

So it's actually on the Opportunity Close entity, which means you can't get it in the same view.  You can either look at the Opportunity Close entity, or you can add a field to the Opportunity called Loss Reason, and then add a workflow that publishes what you put in the Opp Close page to the Loss Reason field you just made.  

The latter would be pretty straightforward to set up, and give you the view you want.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS